drum question

blastbeats666

since this seemed like the DIY section i thought i would ask you guys.

i have a ludwig accent combo and ive been play more than i have usually, and the white paint on the top of my snare head is starting to flake off. is this anything to worry about? btw i tune my heads pretty tight for more bounce, so idk my be strecthing the heads alittle. but is that bad if its coming off?

xdoseonex

blastbeats666":387q17mj said:
since this seemed like the DIY section i thought i would ask you guys.

i have a ludwig accent combo and ive been play more than i have usually, and the white paint on the top of my snare head is starting to flake off. is this anything to worry about? btw i tune my heads pretty tight for more bounce, so idk my be strecthing the heads alittle. but is that bad if its coming off?
the coating will come off after a while. tat just means its about time to replace your snare head

Cheerful-Bear

If it's a stock head, this will happen almost immediately. I had to replace my Pearl stock head within a week of getting my new set.

masonvonritchie

I use Aquarian Hi Energy heads for my snare and the coating lasted forever. I beat the piss out of it and the coating was intact when I changed it out for a new one.