Drum heads

DrummerforCSD

Hey I was just wondering what kind of heads to use for my toms. I have Evans Rock heads for my snare. But for my Toms I want them to sound "deep". Could you help me out? :?

Scott_Hurford

if u want a 'deep' sound, coated heads sound like the right way to go. i highly recommend Remo coated Emperors, or if your an Evans person, go for the G1 or G2 coated line.

screamkevin

Scott_Hurford":10wfz0aw said:
if u want a 'deep' sound, coated heads sound like the right way to go. i highly recommend Remo coated Emperors, or if your an Evans person, go for the G1 or G2 coated line.
Agreed. You should also invest in 2 ply heads. They (for me) have a fatter, wetter sound than one plys. Don't forget about Attack heads, either. :wink:

zerodogma

I have gotten some good results with the Aquarian Studio-X Coated... very deep and punchy with no overtones. The only problem with them is that they are much too subdued when playing LIVE. I can see them being great for studio (or practice room) work, but would choose a 2-ply non-coated head for stage work. Remember that tuning is a key factor for any drum/head. If you don't properly tune your heads, it won't matter what you use. It may be expensive, but you have to experiment with different combinations of batter/resonant heads to get a particular sound on YOUR drums.