Drum Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homki890

Dude, If I had money to donate, I so would. I know EXACTLY how hard it is to get good stuff to play on. That's quite a package you're saving for too. Tone down, just a little maybe?

Homki890

SGarrett

Champagne tastes on a beer budget will just make you upset.

Start with a good basic four piece cymbal set up (hats, ride, and two crashes) and then save for an intermediate level kit. I highly recommend Pacific kits. You can get the shell packs for around $600 and with new heads you get a professional sound. So figure about $1k including decent hardware and new heads.

Spydr2000

well the only thing I really see wrong is that your not just asking for basic's, but a killer kit with a million cymbals. If you really don't have the funds there are kits out there cheap. Try www.dalesdrumshop.com at the end of the year when they get drum manufactures warehouse clearance. I got a Tama Rockstar kit for $400 and he gets hundreds of kits like this every year. There are also cheaper cymbals that sound just as good if not better for you budget. You just have to shop around, I could probably piece a complete kit together for you by surfing the net for $700.

FelterSkelter

Timekeep69":25b1r98a said:
Ther's nothing like internet panhandling.
Seriously! How about working with what you have or I dunno, GET A JOB. It sounds like you're trying to get endorsements from anyone who has money that they don't know what to do with. I've seen guys that live on the street that would blow your mind PLAYING A BUCKET. Think they deserve a free drumset?

zen_drummer

Blast":eyap4ril said:
I made this myspace in hope that people will donate to my drum fund. hey i don't expect it to work but the worst thing that can happen is it doesn't work and im no poorer than i am now.
Blast, you have balls as big as church bells! I LIKE that! (but I'm still not sending you any money)

On your myspace page, you mention: "I love to play drums. its my passion and one of the only things i take pride in in the whole world. the only problem is i cant afford to play the instrument. " Do you take lessons? If so, how are they going? Show us how serious you are, if you hope to gain favor from us... It's not enough to say that you want the money... show us you'll make us proud by giving you the money. Also, make your wish list a little friendlier too. Narrow it down to a 5 piece kit, a crash, a ride and a set of hi-hats. Even the most charity minded people would think you're being a little greedy.

In fact, go one step further and get a part time job. It looks to me like you're in Halifax... that is the easiest city in the Maritimes to find work. If you were contributing to your own fund, it would look a LOT better.

Status
Not open for further replies.