Drum Beaters

Javi_t

Im currently using the Standard Iron Cobra beaters, but they aren't doing it for me anymore. Ive been trying to find a better that adds way more punch to the kick, so far I've narrowed it down to danmar wood beaters or the DW Hardcore beaters. If any of you use these or recommend others please let me know how they are, thanks.

Shalaq

Maybe its the question of the heads and the patches you use?
Gibraltar wood beaters are ok. Iron Cobras wood beater are not good.

GuRu

Your beaters are the funniest things I have ever seen (concerning drums of course) !!!
I'd love to check one but unfortunately, they're completely unavailable here....

mikeellis

I bet it'll be less than you think, but I guess it depends on how much you'd like to spend on a hand made BD beater that is precision balanced and adds tons of extra power to your playing with virtually no change in playing style?

GuRu

it seems to be impossible 2 Euros !? It isn't even that cheap for parcels inside the country...On the other hand, the rubber/plastic beater in my Cobra is getting worn off so fast after I sticked the Falam Slam....

Shalaq

Unfortunately, I'm looking for a vintage beater(sorta like lamb wool etc), so for now No new beaters for me ;)

mattkinel

The best beaters are the hard felt ones, like the ones that come standard on the speed kings. The soft felt ones wear down too fast and dont get the punch, while wood beaters are a little extreme. I was fooling around and stuck the ludwig hard felt beater on a DW 5000 (with the stock beaters) and the ludwig beaters doubbled the speed of the DW pedal. Just any hard felt beater is great, cheap, and easy to find.