Drum badges????

jayusl

I just started refinishing my Tama Swingstar kit. Phil. Mahogany is a pain in the ass to work with. Snare drum is finished, and I'm very happy with it. Here's the problem. The drum badges they put on these things are pretty much foil, and they look like crap. I tried rolling it flat still ugly. The drum dosen't look cheap anymore, but the badges bring down the appearence.
Anybody know where I can get new badges from?
Any ideas?
...and No I'm not going to buy a better kit right now, I'm broke

jayusl

Rockula!":ba2irpeo said:
Badges?!?!
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I had to do that before someone else did
Thats alright, my dad said the same thing as soon as I said the word "badge"

percussionmafia

LOL. I would say to call tama and ask them. I had the same deal with a taye kit I refinished and I just called them up and they sent them out. You might not have a serial number on it it it had one before or you might get some that are way off as far as ID but that dosen't matter unless you were going to keep them and take them to antiques roadshow later in life!LOL Usually I just leave the the badges in the trash and it's less crap to be stuck on the shell ruining your work and sucking up vibration!

jayusl

percussionmafia":ci00hnmb said:
LOL. I would say to call tama and ask them. I had the same deal with a taye kit I refinished and I just called them up and they sent them out. You might not have a serial number on it it it had one before or you might get some that are way off as far as ID but that dosen't matter unless you were going to keep them and take them to antiques roadshow later in life!LOL Usually I just leave the the badges in the trash and it's less crap to be stuck on the shell ruining your work and sucking up vibration!
I might just leave the badges off. Antique road show :lol:....more like thrift store road show. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to post a pic of the snare on here so you guys can tell me if you think it looks good enough to do the whole kit in this finish. I'm not sure yet.