Dream/Impossible drum kits

phil-drummer

If you could have an item of two on your drum kit that would usually be impossible or wouldnt usually work any where out side your imagination, what would it be?

Mine would be Glass/seethrough cymbals, it wud be the sh*t, maybe even neon cymbals. awesome.

phoenix7289

I would want 80% gold cymbals with 10% silver, and 10% platinum. Maybe do some other combinations like that.... ^_^

TrunJun

I want a rack made from human bones. Also, I want a snare drum that would be convertable to a bong... err...

st3v3n

i would want a kit that hooked up to a thinking helmet so i could thing out and sample the drum beats in my head. and the kit would play itself. not like a sequencer but live drums.
that would be insane!!!

i would never sleep again!

Bryan Deruchie

i would love to have instead of the dramatic look of a 48" gong but a effin' huge Church bell on a stand so i could strike it with a brass hammer! I would also need to find a dozen roadies and a good truck to haul it around:]

PaulZILLA

well th ebong snare is possible. hehe i build custom drums. and i know a few ways to make the snare a working bong as well as a decent sounding snare. lol seriously i could but eh. AC/DC did have the churchbell at one time then it went on a tour just by itself. one of my buddies said he would want a drumkit with solid glass/crystal shells. the rack made of bones has my vote lol. i would love to have some sticks with the same profile and weight and balance and everyting as my Vic Firth 5B nylon Extreme. but that dont break, dont chip, dont ding. all that good stuff.

pilsnerfan

Churchbell wins for sure...
AC/DC rules...
Bone rack is gross and 1990 was long time ago...(part of me would like to see it though)
Anti-gravity jam room would be fun for a while...

I think my dream scenario would be to have any and all type of musicians at my disposal to do my bidding at any given time (musically of course, i don't need a xylophone player to fold my towels) i could be like "you, bassist, make this sound 'bwowmboombayerrrr'...and you , pianist, do this 'fiddlyfiddlyplink' riiiiiiiiiiiight now!....and just giver lol....

phoenix7289

What would be cool... is if I could have a drumset that shot out light whenever I hit a cymbal or a drum... such as, if I hit the bass drum.. a large circular thing of light would shoot out. ^_^ :lol:

st3v3n

perfect kit for all sizes and styles. and I think all of you would agree...

WEIGHTLESS DRUMS! completey feather weight. but with the same sound and tone that you want.

wouldnt that be a dream come true?...

phoenix7289

st3v3n":mdga694l said:
perfect kit for all sizes and styles. and I think all of you would agree...

WEIGHTLESS DRUMS! completey feather weight. but with the same sound and tone that you want.

wouldnt that be a dream come true?...
Fantastic.

quikstang2

You can tell we've all thought about this before...

And even though I don't like racks, I'd totally buy a human bone rack.
clear cymbals would be sweet too.

My thoughts:
-drums that transport and assemble themselves
-drums that change color as you wish
-Drum shells in the shape of things you don't like (ie. politicians) so you can beat the hell out of them
-drums that shoot flames when you hit them
-a snare drum that actually cracks peoples' skulls and makes their ears bleed