double pedals.

Tyman345

ok iv been in a rut for a long time trying to decide what brand of double pedal i should get.
Now i have only a 300$ limit. iv herd iron cobra, axis, dw,.. and i play heavy metal so i need a fast one with not a lot of resistance and will last me like 2-4 years. thx

drummert2k

Tyman345":3j58e5e6 said:
ok iv been in a rut for a long time trying to decide what brand of double pedal i should get.
Now i have only a 300$ limit. iv herd iron cobra, axis, dw,.. and i play heavy metal so i need a fast one with not a lot of resistance and will last me like 2-4 years. thx
if you have a 300 dollar limit you're gonna have a hard time finding a decent set of any of the pedals you names. possible the DW 5000 or 7000 series but not an iron cobra, axis or dw 9000. its better to spent the extra cahs on what you want then to settle for something because of the price.

Howepirate

Save like 100 more buxx and check ebay...thats where i got my axis pedals and with a bit of tinkering and such...well there the greatest pedals ever

MasterShake89

drummert2k":3q6zqvzo said:
Tyman345":3q6zqvzo said:
if you have a 300 dollar limit you're gonna have a hard time finding a decent set of any of the pedals you names. possible the DW 5000 or 7000 series but not an iron cobra, axis or dw 9000. its better to spent the extra cahs on what you want then to settle for something because of the price.
actually iron cobras are like 300$

iron cobra sounds like the pedal for you.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--TAMHP900PTW

i personally dont own one, but ive been craving a new double pedal and its either this,,,,,,,or i'll save up a ton and get some axis pedals.

drummert2k

MasterShake89":381o0t7z said:
drummert2k":381o0t7z said:
Tyman345":381o0t7z said:
actually iron cobras are like 300$

iron cobra sounds like the pedal for you.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--TAMHP900PTW

i personally dont own one, but ive been craving a new double pedal and its either this,,,,,,,or i'll save up a ton and get some axis pedals.
thats a great deal on the IC's musicians friend i think has the power glide at 399 last time i checked.

Call me Gideon

I got my IC's for $280, I think it was. I can't remember if they're rolling glide or power glide though. Hmmm...seems like something I should know.

Tyman345

oh ok, yeah but its wierd. i live by musicians friend and almost everywhere els i go the pedals are always a bit more expensive. i think ita down between a dw series, or an iron cobra rolling glide.. give me suggestions ppl.. i will choose anything as long as its better then my cheapo pdp pedals. thx

If you have a $300 limit, you won't get much in the world of double pedals. Before I got my DW9000, I used the PDP double bass pedal which I picked up at Guitar Center for $99. For that price, it lasted me a good 2 years without breaking and went through a ton of use. It's probably the best you're going to get in your price range.

drumshark

my advice you have a few opitons, the DW 7000 is a great pedal, nice and smooth, and strong too, or save $50 more bucks and the DW 5000 ($350) $50 more for the DW 8000 ($400) the 8000 is an awesome pedal. Or get the mapex P980A which is my favorite pedal (about $230) or the next step lower in the mapex line the P580A which is my second favorite pedal, its the same thing, ecxept the bass pelate on the left pedal (which doesnt matter because its made not to bend like radius rods) and its not a double chain drive. but its still awesome. i would go with one of the mapex pedals, then the dw 5000, then 8000 in that order.

PDP9000

if you really want a new pedal and you need it soon i would get a dw 5000 or 7000 or you could just save up a bit more money to buy the 9002 and you would need to save about 500 $ i would get the 9002 its really fast i have ues that pedal for 3 years

Brother_Bong

Tyman345":26nan2gt said:
Save up your money and by the Axis, I've owned mine for like12-13 years, still the best.

Tyman345

ok yeah sounds good, a dw 7000 is good, i went to my local music store, they have it for 320$ and its nice and has good resiestance. so now that i have 535$ to spend, do you think i should go with axis, or the dw line of pedals.