meta L ucas

iron cobras,
axis a longboard doulbles,
trick pro-1 v bigfoot doubles,
pearl powershifter eliminator doulbles,
DW 9000 doulbles,
the new gibraltar intruder direct drive doubles,
yamaha flying dragon direct drive doubles,

these are all the best pedals for fast music. look them up and tell me what you think.

writheindecay

i use an iron cobra. i like it, but i really want to upgrade to a dw 9000, one of the best pedals out right now.

ive owned a pearl eliminator, which is a good pedal, but i couldnt get a feel with it that i was comfortable with. havign said that, my friend john uses eliminators and he is the fastest drummer i know.

the iron cobras are great, they make you work for it though.

ive also owned an axis a2 double pedal. took me 2 weeks to get used to. i have no clue why these pedals feel so weird, maybe its the direct drive.
it was super fast and smoother than anything in the world, BUT its not a very powerful pedal.
i dont like the long board axis pedals at all, they feel alien to me

dw5000s are great pedals as well, a little higher than the iron cobra, but not nearly as durable.

yamaha flying dragon felt very sluggish to me.

havent played tricks yet, there is alot of hype about them, but i cant imagine liking them since alot of people compare them to axis "but better" and the whole axis pedal deal wasnt it for me.

one thing about axis pedals is the e-kit triggers they have, my friend anthony uses them, totally cool, you never have to worry about double triggers.

xdoseonex

i cannot stress to you enough how bad you want an axis pedal if your playing fast paced double bass oriented music

Howepirate

hmm i think if your goin for your first pedal for fast music and stuff you should prolly go with the pearl powershifter...its cheap but DEFINETLY not cheap made..their strong durable and very fast if you customize them to your comfy spot you can really fly...

Personally i use DW pedals...im a DW pedals guy...not their hardware or drums..Yuck

but try what you like

xdoseonex

dw makes pretty good pedals but their pedals are nothing compred to thir drums or hardware. DW makes THE BEST drums and hardware you can buy. but when it comes to pedals, if your playng fast nothing is gonna keep up with your feet as well as an axis. using anyhting else i feel like the pedals arent fast enough for my feet

Howepirate

xdoseonex":1ep5lxan said:
dw makes pretty good pedals but their pedals are nothing compred to thir drums or hardware. DW makes THE BEST drums and hardware you can buy. but when it comes to pedals, if your playng fast nothing is gonna keep up with your feet as well as an axis. using anyhting else i feel like the pedals arent fast enough for my feet

STFU noob...DW drums are just overpriced pieces of hard to tune wood just like every other custom manufacturer out there...they just make their own shells now....most people liked DW back when they were kellar....and their hardware is overpriced because its got the DW name on it...gimme a break DW is just like a hummer H2 ..... it sits on a suburban frame but looks pretty on the outside and has a lotta hype cuz "cool" rich guys drive em...when really they hard to maintain and tune-up!

lowdrummer

Howepirate":28c7lg30 said:
hmm i think if your goin for your first pedal for fast music and stuff you should prolly go with the pearl powershifter...its cheap but DEFINETLY not cheap made..their strong durable and very fast if you customize them to your comfy spot you can really fly...

Personally i use DW pedals...im a DW pedals guy...not their hardware or drums..Yuck

but try what you like
Dw hardwear s the best hardwear ive ever bought, I could hang 10 cymbals and a drum of one stand and it wouldnt even wobble! But if they would only change the plastic tilter to steal, then they would be by far the best! Them and Tama.

Howepirate

lowdrummer":3ruyoo6e said:
Howepirate":3ruyoo6e said:

but try what you like
Dw hardwear s the best hardwear ive ever bought, I could hang 10 cymbals and a drum of one stand and it wouldnt even wobble! But if they would only change the plastic tilter to steal, then they would be by far the best! Them and Tama.
Dude you can also get stands from other companies that will hold as much crap...i had a heavy duty yamaha stand i got for 2/3 the price of the DW equivalent and that thing held a 21" ride and 2 floor toms and never ever even thought about budging or wobbling

big_hitn_al

ive had an axis A longboards for about four or five years now before that i had a double kick setup with classic tama/camco pedals ala charlie b from anthrax that was fun, but a pedal is only as good as you ... i love my axis im getting new ones soon ..... in black.... ooooooooo
they rule and their hardware (tho expensive ) will cut your setup weight/time in half ... the only thing that slows any non direct drive pedals response is not being direct drive even the dw 9000 aint so ... and i had a tinker for about two hours to get it close and not even
so go try em all axis feel a bit like someone strapped an alien to your feet but in a week or two you may never want to play another pedal again

phil-drummer

if you can fish out £800+ then get axis or trick pedals, but iron cobras rule, n their realy comfy, and, although their not the top of the range , the pearl p120 doubl pedal is pretty good,

screamkevin

Howepirate":2hm83x4j said:
gimme a break DW is just like a hummer H2 ..... it sits on a suburban frame but looks pretty on the outside and has a lotta hype cuz "cool" rich guys drive em...when really they hard to maintain and tune-up!
I've been waiting to use this...

Howepirate

screamkevin":1zcg3b9b said:
Howepirate":1zcg3b9b said:
gimme a break DW is just like a hummer H2 ..... it sits on a suburban frame but looks pretty on the outside and has a lotta hype cuz "cool" rich guys drive em...when really they hard to maintain and tune-up!
I've been waiting to use this...

ah ha ha ha the highlight of my day...i saw some video of some dudes tryin to offroad in a h2 and ended up splitting the front axle so the wheels caved inward