double kick within hi hat

Gazdkw82§

i came across this double pedal that was a double kick pedal and hi hat stand all in one, i think it was made by janus or somethin like that. The idea was very good but the pedal wasnt very good and the motion sliding from hi hat to double kick wasnt smooth at all.

My question is, does anybody else make pedals with a similar thing?

screamkevin

That's the Janus combo from Mapex, Gazdkw82§. I've never tried it, although I have played a regular Mapex Janus hi-hat stand on one of my buddy's kits. Great hardware. I don't know how sound the combo is, but it would just take some getting used to, kind of like the Duallist kick drum pedal. I do believe that there is a user here on DrumsMyLife that has that combo. I saw it in a user-posted pic somewhere.

LasVegasDrummer

I have a Tama attachment that I bought for $40 that clamps onto to my hi-hat stand in a `L`shape, which allows me to mount my slave pedal to in order to keep it from moving. It should work with and slave pedal that has a clamp in the front.

Gazdkw82§

cobra clutch looks very interesting but also looks tricky to use. Are they expensive?

is there no other company that makes the hi-hat pedal and left bass pedal together somehow like the janus does?

quikstang2

I believe the Mapex Janus system is the only one like that. They stopped making it but I hear from extremely reliable sources that Mapex is engineering a new Janus line and that particular system is going to have a few problems fixed as well as some other "down sides" improved upon. I have no clue when that will come out though... wait until NAMM, they may have it then, or at least announce someting.

devilspain

yeah ive played one in my local drum store didnt like it. its smooth enuff move the pedal to the right and you have a double bass pedal move it to the left and you have a hi hat pedal simple idea. but would be handy for metal drummers or drummers that would use there feet simply for hihats or double bass drumming.

but if you like switch quickly between pedals for attacks and accents dont buy this pedal its not fast enuff for the switch between.

at the moment im using the regular janus pedals they good. bit bulky but do the job.

http://www.janushardware.com/images/product_trani.jpg