Double kick pedals

Toad

I know that each drummer has their own preference on this subject. I am looking to get a new duble kick pedal for my kit and just don't have the scratch for and Iron cobra or Pearl Eliminator. Anything out there compararble in quality for a smaller price??? I 've been checking out Vex but can't find a whole lot of info on them.

Hack_and_Slash

They make Iron Cobra Jr pedals. They're 220 and somewhat close to the normal Iron Cobras. I'm trying to sell mine for 110 so if you want it...
Also, DW7000 pedals are very good. They're 220 also.
I know those aren't amazingly cheap but they will get the job done for a relatively decent price.

Drumosaurus

the Iron cobra junior is a good pedal. Its good but it takes a while to adjust tension to how you want it. besides that, its awesome

sashowal

shanemunzert":1qm9xlqp said:
i like my pdp double pedal which i got for 100 bucks, can't say its the greatest but it definitely gets the job done.
I have the same pedal (PDP402) and it has worked nicely for me. It isn't silent and doesn't have the professional quality adjustments that something like an Iron Cobra is going to have, but for $100 it was a great buy. If you're looking into a cheap pedal for practicing with, it is worth looking into.

Rick_danger

If you have the extra money, don't buy the PDP402. Go for something a little higher quality, as I found the PDP402 to be very clunky and unresponsive, along with the fact that it is barely adjustable at all. It's not a good choice if your looking to do some serious double bass work.

anavrinIV

Rick_danger":3vo5fhse said:
If you have the extra money, don't buy the PDP402. Go for something a little higher quality, as I found the PDP402 to be very clunky and unresponsive, along with the fact that it is barely adjustable at all. It's not a good choice if your looking to do some serious double bass work.
no one just starting will be doing "serious double bass work" no matter what pedal they play. i started on a dp402 and its a great first pedal. if you can get it moving pretty well then youll fly on something better.

galgano16

It isn't silent and doesn't have the professional quality adjustments that something like an Iron Cobra is going to have.[/quote]

yea, professional quality, yea okay, tht explains why the slave pedal keeps disconnecting it self from the lead pedal, and the chain always comes undone

pepperspray

DW7000....I had one and had NO problems with it.

Plus they've got the double chain drive now and they just
need to be tightened up out of the box and they are ready to go.
They are $220, yeah.

I stand by DW. Ever since i was a kid, all i've ever used was
DW pedals...I have a hi-hat stand and a 5000 series
single kick pedal that i've been abusing for 10 years and they still
hold up.

JasonS2C

pepperspray":22xfjket said:

hold up.
LOL. Thats awesome. I have a DW 5002 double pedal from about 12 years ago (still had single chain and no delta hinges). I've broken parts of that thing so many times I think the only original parts on there are the red plates under the footboards. Just broke down and bought a new DW 5002AD3 for our next tour (leaving in 2 weeks) but kept my old one as a backup and for parts in case something breaks on the road.

xdoseonex

if your lookin to go cheaper that cobras you can try the iron cobra jr's. otherwide mapex makes some pretty solid double pedals for cheap.

dbkman

man, just save the money and go with yamaha flying dragon. only pedal ive ever REALLY liked

drumur

The Pearl Eliminator (not the power shifter but the lower priced model) is pretty nice. One of my student bought one and I thought it was pro quality. they're about $120

eggybreath

Iv´e been playing drums for twenty years. And have bought numerous pedals. But if you are looking for a very responsive pedal at low cost, i suggest the jimbo double pedal. Daft name but an amazing low budget pedal. It´s hard as hell too if youré into death metal playing.

Dec

pepperspray said:

Plus they've got the double chain drive now and they just
need to be tightened up out of the box and they are ready to go.
They are $220, yeah.

hold up.
This is very true.I now have the DW7000 double with the mapex beaters with the felt,wood,and plastic sides.they're slightly lighter than the original DW beaters,and with some slight adjustments to the pedal,you can really get up a head of steam,with great control too.
Hope this helps.