double chain?

imjeffcanudigit

i love double kick pedals and right now i have a single chain pearl double bass pedal, im thinking possibly upgrading to something better when i have the money, like their double chain pedal.

But my question is what makes the double chain so much better than the single chain???
thanks in advance for any help i may get.

SGarrett

Lateral footboard movement is almost completely eliminated with a double chain pedal and the risk of a broken chain is reduced significantly.

botcore69

so how does that make the action of the chain better? i mean double chains are so much smoother and feel stronger, but surely thats down to the springs :S

botcore69

i know but for example the iron cobra jnr and the real deal both have the offest cam, but the dbl chain is so much better. just wondered how adding another chain affects the power etc. lets not go into mechanics n lever systems tho lol :p

racefan33

Well, the "power" would be virtually the same. The only difference between a single or double chain or even a strap one would be the strength and the feel. The double chain would obviously be the stongest one and the lesser amount of sideways motion and the lesser amount of flex would make the pedal stroke feel faster, stronger also.

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

have you thought about using or ever used a strap? my dragons came with a double chain and felt great but when i put the straps on, it felt like i was floating in air. i will always use straps now on. shogun

SGarrett

racefan33":38lpe7si said:
Well, the "power" would be virtually the same. The only difference between a single or double chain or even a strap one would be the strength and the feel. The double chain would obviously be the stongest one and the lesser amount of sideways motion and the lesser amount of flex would make the pedal stroke feel faster, stronger also.
This just dawned on me. Aside from that, the second chain probably adds some weight up front which increases the throw. Kind of like a weight on the beater shaft.

dave lynch

SHOGUNWARRIOR32":20j0xjpf said:
have you thought about using or ever used a strap? my dragons came with a double chain and felt great but when i put the straps on, it felt like i was floating in air. i will always use straps now on. shogun
That's funny cuz I was thinking the other day that I remember how my old Gretch ( same as old Camco ) used to feel so good and I loved it...Once the strap broke I was never able to replace it with the original type and it was never the same after that, but I was wandering what a strap would be like on my Iron Cobras ( double chain )...I'll bet there's nobody here that would know what that's like, would they ?

dbkman

SHOGUNWARRIOR32":xz91rken said:
thats what i use is the straps. much better

DRUMSMYWIFE

Hey SGarrett, your a genius at the anatomy of a drumset!. Yeah and double chains make you play faster and that's all you need to know!

dwtoast72

dbkman":1hxwkuz8 said:
SHOGUNWARRIOR32":1hxwkuz8 said:
thats what i use is the straps. much better
Used to use cobras with chains. I bought a set of cobras alittle over a year ago with straps and they feel better than the chains did..