double bass problems

tamarocker

i have had my iron cobra double bass pedal for almost 2 years and i got to say it is kinda of a pain in the ass for me. like one day i can go fast and do 16th notes like nuthin but then the next day i cant do anything. is it my pedal or is it me? and does anyone else have this problem?

JAdrums2k

EVERYDAY!!!

Be sure to warm up before playin.... pick a good routine of double kick warm ups and do the same ones each time.
Some days are just forced... while others are just natural

Mr.Smash

tamarocker":2jolffrk said:
i have had my iron cobra double bass pedal for almost 2 years and i got to say it is kinda of a pain in the ass for me. like one day i can go fast and do 16th notes like nuthin but then the next day i cant do anything. is it my pedal or is it me? and does anyone else have this problem?
Does it not feel like your par is constantly rising?

PDP9000

That is just like me. One day i play double bass
very good and then the next day i am alright but
i mess up at times. To fix this i pratice 20 min of
double bass every day and warm up before i do
anything. try that.

Howepirate

tamarocker":1v3yc0xv said:
Tighten up your springs, pull your throne back a bit and raise it a bit, and practice your ass off. The pulling the throne back well let the muscles relax a little more instead of tensioning up when ur dbl bassin.

xrftsx

well you should do a lot of cardio. mainly work out, and before you play make sure you just mess around like before you play, play like a blast beat for like 30 or 50 seconds. just be warmed up.

mlumpkin13

I have the same problem sometimes. There are days I can do things I didn't know I could do and other days it's like my left foot took the day off. Practice, practice, practice!

osiris90210

well i have a dixon kick, nothing fancy or anything, but i can always play straight 16th notes on a good day i can play straight 32nds, so yeh probly just warm up and stuff and ull b set, some days it takes abit for me to get anything working but i normally put in 5 or 10 mins straight to warm up...

luck

PDP9000

Howepirate":v2j9cvqy said:
tamarocker":v2j9cvqy said:
Tighten up your springs, pull your throne back a bit and raise it a bit, and practice your ass off. The pulling the throne back well let the muscles relax a little more instead of tensioning up when ur dbl bassin.
Your right Pratice everyday.

Howepirate

xrftsx":1oqv98zp said:
well you should do a lot of cardio. mainly work out, and before you play make sure you just mess around like before you play, play like a blast beat for like 30 or 50 seconds. just be warmed up.
Don't listen to this

This wont help at all

goatatl

That's the pedal I use. It's about as consistent as anything I've ever used. Pretty much the same every time I take it out of the case. I'm afraid the variable here is the player, not the gear (myself included...) :x

likelight2flies

warming up has a lot to do with it. if i just behind my kit and just start trying to double bass, it's horrible. same thing with my hands. i also try to practice a lot lately. i dont have a double bass practice pad jawn but what i do is....i took an old nutrition text book from last semester. jammed it between the bedframe and my boxspring and put a mouse pad in from of that and i use that as a practice pad. it sucks because my pedal isn't mounted to anything so it moves a lot. but at the same time it keeps me concentrating on my strokes being even and my form. i also go to the gyms a lot so that might help. my spring tention is maxed out and i make sure the beaters of the pedal are 4 in from the head without my foot on the pedal. everything i have learned i picked up in the forum. minus the ghetto bass drum practice pad. the was just good old german ingenuity.

Vetis

Other than practicing, you should also keep an eye on your diet. Be sure that you get enough Potassium in your body every single day. It will help you keep your muscles well fed and well cleaned so they can do their best when you want them to. I take Potassium supplements every day and my double bass problems have been cut in half.

goatatl

Vetis":1ux2frl6 said:
Other than practicing, you should also keep an eye on your diet. Be sure that you get enough Potassium in your body every single day. It will help you keep your muscles well fed and well cleaned so they can do their best when you want them to. I take Potassium supplements every day and my double bass problems have been cut in half.
Also helps with those pesky cramps.

SGarrett

Vetis":1otd4jk8 said:
You know that nasty little nub at the bottom of a banana? Eat that whenever you eat a banana because it has more potassium that the rest of the banana does. Something I learned from having kidney stones. Something else I learned was drinking nothing but soda for years will give you kidney stones, but that's beside the point.

goatatl

SGarrett":3uaxuik4 said:
Vetis":3uaxuik4 said:
You know that nasty little nub at the bottom of a banana? Eat that whenever you eat a banana because it has more potassium that the rest of the banana does. Something I learned from having kidney stones. Something else I learned was drinking nothing but soda for years will give you kidney stones, but that's beside the point.
Interesting; You don't mean the peel though do you?