Double Bass Pedal Help

Beef

Hey guys. I just got a great deal on a DW 7000 Double Bass pedal (100$) and im setting it up, and the Legs from my Hi Hat are getting in the way of it. Is there anything to do about this?

dave lynch

Yes they make hi hat stands that only have two legs..They're everywhere...I'm sure eyou can find one cheep somewhere..!!

PDP9000

you are going to need a two leg hi-hat stand or a 3 leg
one witha ajustment in the middle of it to move the legs.

EOTE_drummer

dwtoast72":3pu2m553 said:
PDP9000":3pu2m553 said:
dito, dude....
i agree also, only other alternative would be a remote high hat, but that could be very awkward....

dwtoast72

EOTE_drummer":hwlu9cj2 said:
dwtoast72":hwlu9cj2 said:
PDP9000":hwlu9cj2 said:
dito, dude....
i agree also, only other alternative would be a remote high hat, but that could be very awkward....
actually, awkward as it may seem, a remote hat is an awesome idea...you get better hat positioning reguardless of where you like your kick pedal.. I had (keyword, HAD) that exact setup on my old DW kit, it was easy as pie and loved it...

Potatoe Snack

yeah, get a two legged hi hat stand. After I made the switch I was surprised at how much that third leg actually got in the way.

i would like to try the remote hi hat thing sometime. but it seems pointless for me, as I like my hi hats right where they are and a pole straight the pedal holds up fine for me!

if you have a 3 leg stand which doesnt rotate, you could always just fit the pedal thru the triangular gap in between the leg and stand. it worked for me for a while before i decided to spend money on a new stand

REVEREND_HUDSON

I use a 3 leg stand. I just adjust the legs and rotate them to accomadate for the double pedal so that they may be side by side. I think most hihat stands do that these days.....