Double Bass Drum Batter Head Tension?

Alexander

So I own Roland Vdrums & a Gretsch & Sabian acoustic. If I had to pick one it'd be the Acoustic! It's way more musical & dynamic byfar. & the Roland is the ideal, quiet practice kit I could occasionally play Live for variety.:roll:

I use the Drumdial to set my Emad batter & Emad resonant heads to 74 on the Drumdial. Roland Mesh Vdrum heads have tons of bounce! Acoustics do not bounce at all by comparison! So my question is: How can I setup my Acoustic batter & resonant bass drum heads to get great bounce like my Vdrums heads? I use the standard DW 9002 double pedal with very light spring tension, hard plastic side of the DW beaters, the double chain drive, etc. I want to be able to play the endless double & triple strokes on my Gretsch Bass drum that I can on my Roland Vdrums on double bass! Help! :(

drummert2k

put mesh heads on the acoustic kit and trigger it. otherwise theres no way te get the high tension springy rebound off of a 22 inch kick as you do with a 10 inch high tension mesh pad. unless you crank the tuning of your bass drum up to about the pitch of your floor tom.

Cretin1

do you use any type of kickpad on your head? I think remo makes one out of kevlar...it won't really mess with the sound and it'll provide a nice bounce back especially when you're using the hard side of a bass beater.