does any one use sizzlers anymore?

brian

do any of you guys use sizzlers anymore, they where huge in the 60's and 70's but they are a rare breed now a days.

zed

yes. I have sizzlers for almost all my cymbals which i wrap away when not used in the song. I use the Remo ones or for more trashy sounds, I use lengths of stainless chain with the ends looped over the cymbal mount.

Zim

brian":uv0n0vo2 said:
do any of you guys use sizzlers anymore, they where huge in the 60's and 70's but they are a rare breed now a days.
back in 82 I had an 18 zildjian sizzler w/ the rivets in it. I would love to find another cause I liked the way it kept going on after it was hit . Sometimes it would sizzle to long so I learned to control the weight of the stick hit so it would decay just right. Do you know if they still make riveted cymbals?

screamkevin

Zim":2re86ack said:
Do you know if they still make riveted cymbals?
I know that Saluda (whom I endorse) does. All you have to do is order your cymbal with however many rivets you want, and the position of them. Jamie and the staff are more than happy to hook you up.

brian

yes zildjian still makes cymbal rivits but you have to order them and install them yourself, go on eday and so a search for them they have them on there all the time. you could also find an 18" sildjian sizzler on there too, i also see them on there all the time.

RSmith

Yeah they still make sizzle cymbals. I have got a 19 inch Armand Ride with three rivets and they go on forever. Also have a old 19 inch Sizzle Ride that I use once in a while. Doesn't have the sustain of the Armand Ride, even though it has six rivets placed evenly on the cymbal but I like it since it drives the bass player up the wall :)

Shalaq

Istanbul Agop makes a sizzle ride 20'. I have it and I love it.
I think most cymbal manufacturers can make holes and put rivets in your cymbal if you want it.

stump

Yeah they were big in the 60's and 70's but man do they still sound freaking awesome. A great addition to any kit for any style of music.

xdoseonex

Zim":2axo7kcd said:
brian":2axo7kcd said:
back in 82 I had an 18 zildjian sizzler w/ the rivets in it. I would love to find another cause I liked the way it kept going on after it was hit . Sometimes it would sizzle to long so I learned to control the weight of the stick hit so it would decay just right. Do you know if they still make riveted cymbals?
you can send your cymbal back to zildjian or sabian and have them put rivets in it for you

skitch

20" Medium Ride woth Rivets in it. Singer/songwriters seem to love this cymbal. It works with a jazz combo as well!