Do software programs that write drum music exist?

Toronto Rock

I am a semi-pro rock drummer that plays in numerous different acts - my latest act is Snakes Eyes Seven (ex-members of Kick Axe and Into Eternity) that will be making our US debut at the Milwaukee Metal Fest in May and as a a result I find I have to chart a lot of music to be able to retain for rehearsals.

Presently I have my own unorthodox charting system that is slow -I am wondering if there is a program something like fruity loops that I could potentially program what the song is doing and have software turn that into drum sheet music for me? Is there anything out there anyone has heard of or used that could help me??

UNIONVILLE

as far as i know there are downloadable drum machines, but that would only be for audible reference. i dont know about charting it into sheet music.

Toronto Rock

yea - the programming part is not the problem - I have fruity loops which is capable of that - what I ideally want is to program what the song is playing and then some program turns that into sheet drum music for me to print out and work with instead of the painstaking slow process of writing out sheet music by hand - frankly my alternate charting system I currently use is easier than having to do that!

Drumming_Animal

I've got a program called TabTrax, basically you can put it whatever you like in tabs or normal sheet music and it shows it in both formats and you can get it played back to you so you know what it sounds like, I think there is something like it for guitar called GuitarPro or something.

Jaki

There is indeed a program far more advanced than any drum machine or programmable pads or whatever.

The_Bear

most good sequencing softwares such as cubase or logic have score editors. Also guitar pro (a tabbing software) has drum score features

aztec1

Drumming_Animal":a216uyum said:
I've got a program called TabTrax, basically you can put it whatever you like in tabs or normal sheet music and it shows it in both formats and you can get it played back to you so you know what it sounds like, I think there is something like it for guitar called GuitarPro or something.
Thanks for this, what a great find! All these other $100+ programs were too expensive and looked like they needed a class to learn. I played with the demo for a few hours and went ahead and bought it, great learning tool!