DML Festival Weekend

Brother_Bong

I was just reading Timekeeps NAMM post, and I was thinking. It's too bad it would not be practical to have a DML convention where we could all show up with our gear, set up, and trade tricks. That would be pretty bad ass. All of the questions we toss back and forth about gear, technique, etc. could be discussed in a live real time forum. Imagine watching Dose show us nearly 1000 bpms, talking turkey with PJ directly about bearing edges. Or having Billy Ray sit down and school one of us on our own kit! That would be pretty awesome. Plus, just to meet some of the outstanding people on here would be cool. Maybe someday.

kylevater

yeah and dml can fly everybody in!
wed have to wear name tags with our screen name on it hahaha that would be so lame

Brother_Bong

stump":1ys3ugjs said:
That would be freakin' awesome and one hell of a party! I'd be there! Peace on ya!
Yes, yes it would. I imagine no one would want to leave. Like a 24 hour candy store, and it's all free!
Oh, and Kyle, the nametags wouldn't be gay, I don't know what you look like, how would I say hi to my buddy KYLEVATER? :shock:
And thanks for chiming in drummerduba, just think you could polish up all your Meinls' to show off!

Gabimo

how could dml fly anyone in, does it even make money?

but that is an awesome idea, i would love to be schooled by billyray

m

I hosted a few events like that for bass guitar, back when that's what I played primarily.
We called them Bass Summits, and they originated from the alt.guitar.bass newsgroup.
Grew to a pretty sizable gathering with folks coming from all over.

BillRayDrums

Bong":1tdrvpgo said:
I was just reading Timekeeps NAMM post, and I was thinking. It's too bad it would not be practical to have a DML convention where we could all show up with our gear, set up, and trade tricks. That would be pretty bad ass. All of the questions we toss back and forth about gear, technique, etc. could be discussed in a live real time forum. Imagine watching Dose show us nearly 1000 bpms, talking turkey with PJ directly about bearing edges. Or having Billy Ray sit down and school one of us on our own kit! That would be pretty awesome. Plus, just to meet some of the outstanding people on here would be cool. Maybe someday.
Me school anyone on the kit? LOL! Kids these days make my jaw drop. The "secret sauce" that I possess is playing solid beats (that many here already do), and learning from my past mistakes (well most of them anyway).

I'm flattered but really, what I do is easily attainable by anyone with an imagination and a drumset. :)

Oh yeah, throw in 25+ years professional experience. That's my real strength. :) And lots of bad food and hotel rooms. That'll make you dummy up real quick. :D

Brother_Bong

BillRayDrums":5y7aomjl said:
Bong":5y7aomjl said:
Me school anyone on the kit? LOL! Kids these days make my jaw drop. The "secret sauce" that I possess is playing solid beats (that many here already do), and learning from my past mistakes (well most of them anyway).

I'm flattered but really, what I do is easily attainable by anyone with an imagination and a drumset. :)

Oh yeah, throw in 25+ years professional experience. That's my real strength. :) And lots of bad food and hotel rooms. That'll make you dummy up real quick. :D
Oh yeah, that made me think, if this ever happened we need to be real careful about who does the catering! Maybe we'll leave that up to Stump!

TheYardstick

BillRayDrums":2w6rs2l9 said:
Bong":2w6rs2l9 said:

I must say BillyRay, you ahve to be one of the most humble drummers I've met.

xdoseonex

BillRayDrums":1c94gw9e said:
Bong":1c94gw9e said:

ahhh, dont get humble on us. your one of the best drumers i'v ever typed at

stump

Bong":10jfxfm9 said:
BillRayDrums":10jfxfm9 said:
Bong":10jfxfm9 said:

Oh yeah, that made me think, if this ever happened we need to be real careful about who does the catering! Maybe we'll leave that up to Stump!
I would take care of that in a heart beat. Cook a plot of food that would make you slap momma! If you walked away hungry and uneducated from the fest it would be your own fault! Peace on ya!

Gabimo

BillRayDrums":113czp0q said:
Bong":113czp0q said:

*coughhumblecough*
you would play so much better than me(than i am right now) that i would fall down... im a n3wbz0rs

hey billy, so i herd you liek mudkips?

zen_drummer

Bong":1bbefpqm said:
I've got a 3,000 square foot building/practice space in Rochester NY with a small cheap motel across the road... Lets pick the date (in the summer) and we'll have us a drummers weekend!

Oh... I'm serious by the way...

Homki890

Why don't we all just wear nametags or something, at conventions, like NAMM or PASIC? DML shirts or something. Ballcaps that have DML on the front and our SN's on the back. There's tons of "create your own t-shirt" sites. This could be accomplished, and then just get a group photo one day at the convention.

Homki890

Brother_Bong

zen_drummer":1pg3gb4j said:
Bong":1pg3gb4j said:
I've got a 3,000 square foot building/practice space in Rochester NY with a small cheap motel across the road... Lets pick the date (in the summer) and we'll have us a drummers weekend!

Oh... I'm serious by the way...
Hmmm, gives us enough time to plan it...NY isn't bad for an East coast function...lets see...

Who could make it to NY this summer, post replies so we can see if we have enough people to make tis happen. Or maybe I'll just go get a weekends worth of lessons from Zen! :shock: