Disabled Drummer Website/Introduction to Myself

fourstringdrums

Hello everyone. I got added on MySpace from Greg, and made my way over to this site. Glad to be here.

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rob, and I'm 26. I've been playing drums since I was about 10 years old. I have Cerebral Palsy, with it really only effecting my legs. I created a website for other disabled drummers like myself at www.handidrummed.com. I'm proud to have profiles of other disabled drummers, ranging from simple hand muscle atrophy, to even a double leg amputee drummer. My own profile is here www.handidrummed.com/drummers/profiles/rob/ although it's not updated. I'll be doing that shortly.

I also offer information on products that I think could be of assistance to disabled drummers, articles, lessons (alot of things on single-handed playing), links to helpful sites, and interviews. In fact I even did an interview Rick Allen of Def Leppard last March which is on the site.

We're still growing every day, and I just wanted to mention the site in case anyone here is disabled as well and would like to be a part of it. Of course I've always felt that something like this can be an inspiration and help to everyone.

Thanks for looking!

Rockula!

I can only remember encountering one disabled drummer in my time and that was way back in '89 with a band called Tyrranicide
I never had a chance to discuss it with him, but he used both feet on the bass drum
Anyone who adapts like that and busts their ass to play has my respect

fourstringdrums

Rockula!":2nuqqptu said:
I can only remember encountering one disabled drummer in my time and that was way back in '89 with a band called Tyrranicide
I never had a chance to discuss it with him, but he used both feet on the bass drum
Anyone who adapts like that and busts their ass to play has my respect
What was his disability?

I gove all the credit in the world to disabled drummers that still have the balls and the drive to keep playing, even after they've lost functionality of a limb or limbs. That's an extreme love for music and drumming right there.
Rik Allen for example. I dont care for Def Leppard's music, nor Rik's drumming, but I respect him and give him credit for carrying on and still having the courage and strength to continue playing, even with one arm.

Scott_Hurford

fullmetaldrummer87":2khuh2f8 said:
I gove all the credit in the world to disabled drummers that still have the balls and the drive to keep playing, even after they've lost functionality of a limb or limbs. That's an extreme love for music and drumming right there.
Rik Allen for example. I dont care for Def Leppard's music, nor Rik's drumming, but I respect him and give him credit for carrying on and still having the courage and strength to continue playing, even with one arm.
exactly, anyone that can carry on playing with a disability inspires me greatly