Def Leppard

ChrisNichols

I don't care what anyone else says about them, Def Leppard ROCKS!

I saw them in September, at GM Place in Vancouver. And gotta say, they just plain and simple rocked the house. They were really tight and well-rehearsed, the sound mixing was good, and they just put on a great show. Perhaps they're not the first band that springs to mind when you think of the legendary musicians of the ages but that's not what they ever pretended to be. I mean, if all you're looking for is 2 hours of a good solid, fist-pumpin good time, they're a pretty tough act to beat.

Any other fans out there?

stump

I am a huge Def Leppard fan! Have all of their albums. One of the best concerts (with Tesla) that I have seen next to Rush. Fav song has to be Rock Brigade...WHAT? Peace on ya!

Timekeep69

Def Leppard are a very talented bunch of guys but I prefer their older stuff, High N Dry, Pyromania, On through the Night, etc.

dammow

very good band and they are pretty local to me too! from the same town as the arctic monkeys!!!

ChrisNichols

Thanks guys! It's strange, whenever I mention the name to other musicians I get scoffed at. I reckon people just bash them beacuse of the whole hair metal thing. But they definitely are talented.

My favourite album was Hysteria, gotta say.

SINISTER

I find it quite funny that RICK ALLEN has a signature pair of DRUMSTICKS, although he can only use 1 at a time..... :twisted:

dammow

SINISTER":39hcdgbw said:
I find it quite funny that RICK ALLEN has a signature pair of DRUMSTICKS, although he can only use 1 at a time..... :twisted:
ha, but he gets them half price! lol

stump

He can still kick ass with one arm. He is a "true" drummer and a great person to continue doing what he loves (and do it well). Don't hate! Peace on ya!

SINISTER

stump":1d5jve3t said:
He can still kick ass with one arm. He is a "true" drummer and a great person to continue doing what he loves (and do it well). Don't hate! Peace on ya!
Not hatin' in the least.......just pointing out a funny observation

kplante069

I have a lot of respect for Def Leapord for staying with Rick Allen. Alot of other bands wouldn't have stayed with a drummer that lost an arm. Also I think "Hair Metal" get's a bad rap. Most people forget the attitude around the whole scene was "having a good time".

cableman26

Yea, anyone catch the hair metal article in the Rolling Stone? It really makes you see how fickle the music buisness really is. One day these bands are selling records, and making millions. The next day Nirvana hits the scene and it's all over. Sad really. I still dig alot of these bands like GNR, L.A. Guns, Skid Row, and Motley Crue. Throw some Def Lepperd in the mix and that's one hell of a party in my opionion.

ChrisNichols

I agree, I have enormous respect for Rick Allen. He's a more competent drummer than a lot of guys who still have both arms, and I give him huge props for not just lying down and quitting.

And yes, hair metal definitely gets a lot of undeserved flack. It was never meant to be 'quality' music, just as you say, an awesome bloody party.

cableman26

ChrisNichols":2j3cqsgb said:
I agree, I have enormous respect for Rick Allen. He's a more competent drummer than a lot of guys who still have both arms, and I give him huge props for not just lying down and quitting.

And yes, hair metal definitely gets a lot of undeserved flack. It was never meant to be 'quality' music, just as you say, an awesome bloody party.
Word!! It's not about crying, committing suicide, or killing someone. It's about freaking partying and having a good time. Which they did (a little too much of at times) but, what genre of music hasn't.

cableman26

Check out around 2:30 pretty neat setup

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVsjmLCb9Cs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVsjmLCb9Cs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

racefan33

Timekeep69":3rhjb0o2 said:
Def Leppard are a very talented bunch of guys but I prefer their older stuff, High N Dry, Pyromania, On through the Night, etc.
Yeah, High N Dry is a GREAT record.