DDrums and DW double bass pedals.

jonathonc81

Hey everyone I want your opinion on something. I am currently looking to buy a new drumset and a new double bass pedal. I was looking in the $500 range for a drumset and in the $300's for a pedal. I am looking at the DDrum diablo punx kit with white hardware on white drums. I am planning to put new Evans heads on the set once i get it. And with the pedal I am looking at the DW5000 accelerator or possibly the DW9000 because i tried that at guitar center and it was amazing. Do you guys have any suggestions? Any of you have a DDrum set or played one how are they?

thanks!
Jon 8)

DrumFiend0206

Howepirate":2mvpssad said:
Diablos sound like butt dude shop around or save up!
Yeah, they low end kits aren't exactly good, but they would be fine for a starter kit, as long as you're going to buy a new kit after awhile.

I started off on a kit that was WAAAYY worse than a Diablo, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere.

If I were you, I'd check out the new Tama Imperialstars. They're very nice, and I'm pretty sure the same price.

Kaos

GC has a Gretch catalina maple 6 piece set for 699 or 599 I can't remember off hand and personaly the Tama Iron cobra or the new Yamaha
flying dragon direct drive pedals. Ive owned the dws for years and like my cobra's much better and I got to try out the Yamaha's out for a gig a while back and Im gonna buy some soon.

The ddrum diablo setshave terrible edges and will never tune. save a little more cash you'll be much more happy in the long and short run.

drummert2k

i agree with everyone saying to not waste your time with the diablo. it may look cool (personally i think they even look cheap) but the edges are bad. hardware is weak and the shells are basswood. go with gretsch or ludwig lower line kits which use maple or birch or even pearl which use poplar.

jonathonc81

I actually looked at that gretsch set but I didn't like how small the bass drum was, but it did looks pretty sweet. What about pdp kits with birch shells i think there 599 at GC as well.

h8eternal

te gretsch bass drum was small the diablo is 20 by 22.
ok it's 2 inches longer.
but I will say I use that gretsch bass drum and I have tried out DDrums bass drum, and I'll keep my gretsch. built better, sounds better.

but if you like the ddrums then go for it.

drummerboi

I agree with drummert2k.... don't buy the ddrum because the bass drum is bigger... trust me when i say that the kit is CRAP!!! If you were looking at the pdp's, i'd go with those, or a gretch or pearl or any other kit for that matter. Just don't do the ddrum or you will regret it.

drummert2k

im a huge huge fan of the iron cobra. such a great pedal at an amazing price. these things last for years and years and years of hard constant playing. the dws are great too, just really expensive.

drummert2k

jonathonc81":3twkhov8 said:
yeah i can actually get a brand new DW for the same price of the iron cobra so what would you go with?
i've been playing iron cobra for years so i'd go with the iron cobra. but what series dw would you be getting? if you can pick up the 9000 for whatever an iron cobra costs i'd say do it! other wise, i'd much rather pick up the iron cobra over the 5000 and 7000 dw's. just my prefernce though.