DDrum

Blond_Duke

I don't see to many people with DDrum and was wondering what your thoughts are on them. My set is a ddrum but i put a lot of work into it...which is what you need to do when you buy a ddrum. Even though some of them are cheap it's not a good starter set because the heads need replaced and things like that. Overall i like them. Not one i would keep forever but still with the right heads and layout its good.

What do you think?

(This is about ddrum in general, not if you think i should have gotten a ddrum or not)

Daneman

I like the Dominion Maple sets. My only problem is that they're limited in their sizes- you basically have to buy one of the package kits, and the only 20" kick drum they sell is also 20" deep! Way too much kick for me, if they sold a 14x20 I would have bought a kit by now.

Blond_Duke

Personally i go for a deep kick. I like my bass to be bold and cut through the other shit.

My bass is 20x22...i think i might have that backwards...i can't remember but the head is 22 and the length or depth of the drum is 20. I can't remember what goes first the 20 or the 22.

Blond_Duke

I have a punx and it's not the best but a lot better then what people say. It has to have new heads though.

Jay Brearley

I like DDrums, really good value for money! But like anything else in the UK they seem to be hard to come by in our music shops!

Blond_Duke

Ehh, i heard about that problem before. It seems that they haven't gotten much out of the U.S. yet. I'm sure if you look in major chain stores you could have one ordered.

UNIONVILLE

i just picked up the 2007 ddrum catalog. i think they have a good variety. anywhere from beginning full kits to totally custom to you. plus i think they have a great look and offer sizes that other companies dont. ive never played one, but i cant wait til i get the chance.

break the prism

i've played ddrum before. i really liked the punchiness of the bass drum and everything else was okay. thought about getting one, but i decided to wait and see what else could find of similar/better quality at a cheaper price. i found a used pearl sessions for $600. i have to say that i'm happy with my choice.

Blond_Duke

Yes, their bass drums have a lot of punch and cutting power. I can now knock things off my walls with the ddrum bass drum that i couldn't with any other set. I love it. The toms are good if you like them low tuned.

ludovicha

I play with a dominion maple player , i put some nice heads on them (pinstripes-ambassadors) and damn they sound nearly as good as my friend dw.
ddrum : 1000$
Dw: 5000$

worth the price !