ddrum snare drums???

JasonS2C

I sold the one that came with the kit I picked up for touring. Great snare but I just have others that I use and wanted it to go to someone who would get some primary use out of it. The little bit that I played on it before it sold I thought it was killer, especially considering how affordable they are.

ctyjones

The biggest complaint I have about the Ddrum snares, and drums in general, is that the stock heads on them are crap. You'll make a big step by switching that out first.

Brian L

ctyjones":3pfbsx0f said:
The biggest complaint I have about the Ddrum snares, and drums in general, is that the stock heads on them are crap. You'll make a big step by switching that out first.
yeah, I know the day I got it, I went out to guitar center and picked up some remo heads for it. is the bottom head supposed to be tighter than the top head, I've been asking around and I've been getting different answers. just so you know, I'm looking for a tune setting that could pretty much go with any genera of music if there is one.

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

I have the Dominion maple..agree on the head..i put an evans g1 on it..... i have no complaints at all.. can't beat the price and i'm all about value. i got it basically for the individual lugs separate top and bottom. It's what I'm using in the video below. Sounds great to me.

Shogun

scotttyrcha

I've got a 7x13 maple that I LOVE! Great sounding, well constructed snare.
I highly recommend getting one. They are very reasonably priced.

Just my .2 cents :D

multimusician

ive got that snare in blackburst i got it from drummer live. im using the stock heads for now i mean why not? you can still work wit dem lol.

i tuned my top head tight but not too tight, and then i tuned the bottom head up considering the sound and tone and body when you do a rimshot.

if you want more body in the sound when you rimshot, tune up the bottom head, but not too much. if you want more tone and resonance, tune the bottom head up even more.

hope this helps

Brian L

multimusician":3uhjt1y2 said:
ive got that snare in blackburst i got it from drummer live. im using the stock heads for now i mean why not? you can still work wit dem lol.

i tuned my top head tight but not too tight, and then i tuned the bottom head up considering the sound and tone and body when you do a rimshot.

if you want more body in the sound when you rimshot, tune up the bottom head, but not too much. if you want more tone and resonance, tune the bottom head up even more.

hope this helps
I never thought of that I'll have to try it. thanks for the advice.

slingerland66

i have a ddrum durian maple kit in sunburst finish... i put a G2 on the snare and it sounds great! but not my sound tho... i set up the ddrum snare next to my primary and my homie and i concluded... sounds like a concert snare compared to my primary... OCDP vented... ehhh next time i record ill make sure to use my arsenal of snares including my new found atttraction with the warm tones of the ddrum snare.