ddrum Dominion Dominator

lowdrummer

Im planning on buying one if my band makes it to the finals of the Tempe Garage Band Festival in Az. It sounds to good to be true though, Nice laquer finish die cast hoops, and maple shells, anyoe played one?

Paisteman1394

i havent but my friend has nd he loved them, expecially the monstor bass he didnt buy it tho, he got some pearl exports but then again he loves all drums

peace

hope it helps

Spydr2000

lowdrummer":zd3djvbg said:
Im planning on buying one if my band makes it to the finals of the Tempe Garage Band Festival in Az. It sounds to good to be true though, Nice laquer finish die cast hoops, and maple shells, anyoe played one?
I have 2 of them .. just go to my myspace page. They are most definitely the biggest bang for the buck. These things kick DW's ass (and I'm not talking the Pacific line either) for 1/3 the price. I didn't have near the trouble getting a good sound out of these as I did my DW's.

Just remember you'll need to re-head the entire kit depending on your money situation new tops will be ok, but your better off replacing top and bottom. I havn't had mine long enough to try many different heads but the Evans clear EC2's worked the best. I do have Remo coated emperors on my other ddrum kit which still sounds good just a much different sound with those heads. Bass drum needs a Remo power stroke head and a pillow. If you have any other questions ask...

If you can buy the shell pack, do so. I have a posting on here where to get better hardware cheap...

ryan.street

yeah i am looking at buying a new set and ddrum caught my eye real quick. i haven't heard much about them so i have been a little nervous about dropping the bills on it. i was acutally looking at at ddrum Dominion Maple Pocket on musicians friend. they are selling if for $799. i looks like a clean set. my style of playing lies between punk and hip-hop so i was wondering if it would be a good set for that style.