ddrum dominion ash

mattdoesrock

Im sure Travis Smith (from Trivium - amazing metal band) has just switched to a ddrum dominion ash kit, and it sounds great, pretty similar to his old kit, but it fits the metal genre perfectly.

brian

yeah the pocket kit is what i am lookin at getting but i dont know about the 20"
i do like my bass drums big and loud!

drummermike58

brian":1birlu7n said:
yeah the pocket kit is what i am lookin at getting but i dont know about the 20"
i do like my bass drums big and loud!
I just bought a set of the snow finish maple pocket. I have to tell you this is the biggest cannon of a kick ive ever played... no exaggerating, we practice in a garage and my bass player has a fender jazz bass with the S-1 switch through a bass cab with 2 12" woofers (i forgot the name). anyhow, I bought new heads with the kit on saturday all evens, didnt even want to play the paper crap that cam on the kit for fear of killing my love for the kit. So i got the evans emadd head on the 20X20 kick.... OMG batter side not too tight, and resonator a little tighter than usual, my kick alone was drwoning out his bass. No lies i tell you it is a freakin monster. I was going to take the kit back to guitar center within the 30 day policy and upgrade to the gretch renown kit with the free 8" tom. But between the two kits the options are very similar for 400 bucks cheaper for the Ddrum kit. The snare on that kit is pretty dope too. I have the volume of a big drum, but i tighten it to get the high pop of a pork pie or picollo snare with the genera dry head. Im pretty impressed and am rethinking the return of these drums. "I like em a lot"

skytoucher

I just bought a dominion ash pocket kit for $1000.

I am extremely pleased.

Emad on the kick batter and EQ3 reso!

G2 coated on the toms (G1 clear reso)

Evans Genera Dry on the snare.

Kit sounds incredible, hardware is good.

I bought the Blue Burst finish and it is beautiful. I have 2 other kits besides this one, a 1950s round badge gretsch and a mid 80s gretsch kit. I was going to go with a gretsch renown maple kit but am glad I went Ddrum.

You won't be disappointed with this kit. What you get for the money is incredible. I played in 2 shows this week. 1st show had 6 other bands, 2nd show had 4 other bands. I had the best sounding (and looking) kit at each show hands down.

pohbear

DDrum has come along way with there drums. I myself like the drums, great sound, nice mellow ring, not to much over-tones. Overall, I would buy a kit myself.

Pork Sword

skytoucher":2todgmeg said:
I just bought a dominion ash pocket kit for $1000.

I am extremely pleased.

Emad on the kick batter and EQ3 reso!

G2 coated on the toms (G1 clear reso)

Evans Genera Dry on the snare.

Kit sounds incredible, hardware is good.

I bought the Blue Burst finish and it is beautiful. I have 2 other kits besides this one, a 1950s round badge gretsch and a mid 80s gretsch kit. I was going to go with a gretsch renown maple kit but am glad I went Ddrum.

You won't be disappointed with this kit. What you get for the money is incredible. I played in 2 shows this week. 1st show had 6 other bands, 2nd show had 4 other bands. I had the best sounding (and looking) kit at each show hands down.
That is exactly the setup I have as well...I just also ordered a 8 x 8 & 8 x 10 for the kit as well. I have the transparent green (only offered for about a month when the line launched).

Anyways, the kit sounds incredible, I really like the punchiness of the toms & the hardware is top notch for the money. Very well built, thunderous sound too...you'll especially like the kick drum sound, it's really a cannon, don't let the dimensions fool you...it kills. Snare sounds very good too, however I would recommend a nice set of snares for it...I find the factory set to sound a little flat. Good luck though, you really can't go wrong for the money. I currently own a 1971 Ludwig kit as well as a 6 piece set of DWs...the Ddrums compete with both hands down.

Benhamin

i want this kit so bad,
its got nice tight sizes
and i love the orange finish
id replace the stock snare
but besides that it looks great