DDRUM Diode acrylic

SuNoAnBuKi

Nah you're not crazy, they're very appealing kits both to the eye and the wallet. I haven't had a chance to play one personally but I don't see how they could sound bad.

dwtoast72

SuNoAnBuKi":2akn4twe said:
Nah you're not crazy, they're very appealing kits both to the eye and the wallet. I haven't had a chance to play one personally but I don't see how they could sound bad.
....<noticing> how do your ddrums sound versus anything else you've played?

SuNoAnBuKi

They sound just fine compared to everything else I've played. I've tapped on many Starclassics, DWs, PDPs and Mapexes - I like the way they all sound and if I could afford them I'd own them. I also own a set of Ludwig Classic Maples and although the sound difference is distinct, I would say it's only because the shells are different depths and diameters. I'm not saying that DDRUM sounds better than anything, I'm just saying I like them.

dwtoast72

SuNoAnBuKi":lqynkhd3 said:
They sound just fine compared to everything else I've played. I've tapped on many Starclassics, DWs, PDPs and Mapexes - I like the way they all sound and if I could afford them I'd own them. I also own a set of Ludwig Classic Maples and although the sound difference is distinct, I would say it's only because the shells are different depths and diameters. I'm not saying that DDRUM sounds better than anything, I'm just saying I like them.
I guess I'm more (<enter> can't think of it) about different drum makes cause when went looking for my upgrade, I wanted to buy, what I considered to be, the best for my hard earned dollar. And it was definitely earned (iraq/afghan)!! So, I did tons of research, hands on, etc

SuNoAnBuKi

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. I did a lot of researching when I bought my kit too and it's what fit my preference as well as my budget the best. For the price I paid I couldn't be happier with what I have, it's never let me down. Sure there's certainly better out there and if I could afford a better more expensive set I'd already have one - but I've got bigger things to worry about. I'm 22 and married with my own house as well as an $800 a month mortgage payment + utilities, 5 cats, 2 dogs, 2 cars and 2 cell phone bills ... so needless to say I'm not upgrading anytime soon.

I fully recommend ddrums, i own a double bass kit of theirs and its great, and im sure ill be using it for years to come. The heads are the only thing that you might need replacing, they wear off pretty quickly.

Rob the Drummer

Hell no! I would never trade a set of Master's for DDrum. Ever! Keep the Masters and buy the DDrums separate. If you get rid of your Master kit, then you will kick yourself in the ass down the road!

JimmiRock

i bought the masters becuase i was in a good (at the time) band. did alot of touring and recording so i needed a kit that would sound the most badass around. I left all the rubbish behind now so it'll just been sitting around cased up rotting away! so thought i'd sell it buy a Ddrum acrylic and have some cash left over to replace my pants!

Spydr2000

Hack_and_Slash":oj0lqh0e said:
How are ddrums in general?
For the money they kick ass! They don't compare to my masters kit I owned but like I said for the money they are worth it. I like them so much and because of the price I have 2 kits of the maple dominions. I personally think ddrum is under priced for what you get, don't let the price tag fool you. I think people really need to hear these things with real drum heads on them.

zen_drummer

SuNoAnBuKi":709tacqi said:
I don't really understand what you're trying to say. I did a lot of researching when I bought my kit too and it's what fit my preference as well as my budget the best. For the price I paid I couldn't be happier with what I have, it's never let me down. Sure there's certainly better out there and if I could afford a better more expensive set I'd already have one - but I've got bigger things to worry about. I'm 22 and married with my own house as well as an $800 a month mortgage payment + utilities, 5 cats, 2 dogs, 2 cars and 2 cell phone bills ... so needless to say I'm not upgrading anytime soon.
Ya know what 5 Cats in a burlap sack at the bottom of the river is?

A GOOD START!

Seriously... some people project the notion that if you don't buy absolute top-o-the-line kits that you should do NOTHING, save the money and buy the best... For some people middle-of-the-road is the very best they'll be able to afford. Don't let the drum snobs get ya down... buy a kit that sounds good to you in the price range you can afford... don't waste your time asking for opinions on here about what YOU should buy. Go out there and hit some drums.

Timekeep69

I haven't played the acrylic kit but I have plaed a ddrum kit and I was suprised at how good it sounded.

If you want a ddrum kit, get one. It's your opinion that matters.

BleechDrummer

Well I played the Dominator and it had like this wierd Ludwig heads on them.......but they were a lil too big for me but did have goos sound qualitys =]........I would like to try the Fly but havent........They do look awesome but are pricey. And I would keep a Pearl MMX personally just because if your playing live acrylic's are like the most high maintenance drums ever from what I hear.

randdrum

I purchased a DDRUM Dominion Ash and it sounds phenominal. Not good for the price .... good period ! You will not be disappointed with the sound quality. The Diode acrylics look and sound nice too but they are soon going to be selling a cast seamless shell acrylic kit called the Diaton. They sound noticeably better than the Diodes and look incredible. Here are my DDRUM Ash and a vintage 1975 Pearl acrylic kit I own. Nobody .... I repeat NOBODY has one of these. 5pc with matching acrylic snare ... seamless shells.

SmellsLikeIan

Hate to burst your bubble, buddy, but I saw a Pearl acrylic kit just like that on Ebay about 3 years ago. I thought about buying it, but it went up to $950 or so, I think, and I wasn't gonna spend that on any acrylic that wasn't a luddy...