Dave Grohl with Zeppelin

Charlie

Did anyone hear about Grohl writing a letter asking Zeppelin to drop the idea of Jason for himself on the kit. Oh man, would that flippin rock?? Take the band to a new level in my opinion. Of course, someone had to say how disrespectful to John's Kid. Sorry, but Dave or Jason...no brainer.

anyone have more info?

cableman26

ThePloughman":1yw4noig said:
I seriously doubt there will ever be a Zeppelin without a Bonham on drums. I doubt there should be.
Word. Besides, what's wrong with Jason I think he does a hell of a job. Of course he's not John, but there will never be another John.

Brother_Bong

ThePloughman":8j95w08w said:
I seriously doubt there will ever be a Zeppelin without a Bonham on drums. I doubt there should be.
I think I'd have to agree. Obviously he learned from his old man, so........
And, sorry to drop topic for a minute, I don't think it's fair for you to have such an impressive drum collection....................when I don't.
Just kidding, it's freaking awesome!

cableman26

Bong":lufgrv6j said:
ThePloughman":lufgrv6j said:
And, sorry to drop topic for a minute, I don't think it's fair for you to have such an impressive drum collection....................when I don't.
lol I was just checking it out too!! Quit cyber stalking me Bong!!

Brother_Bong

cableman26":3mqhoybp said:
Bong":3mqhoybp said:
ThePloughman":3mqhoybp said:
Hehe, did I ever tell ya my old man used to work for N.S.A.? *damn bro, I'm looking in your window right now!*

dammow

dave would be awesome without a dought, but, it has to be jason at the end of the day!

just imagine being jason for a moment, and watching dave with you're dads band! = wrong!

cableman26

Bong":1rng0euq said:
cableman26":1rng0euq said:
Bong":1rng0euq said:
ThePloughman":1rng0euq said:
Hehe, did I ever tell ya my old man used to work for N.S.A.? *damn bro, I'm looking in your window right now!*
:shock: Ahhhhhh

P.S. If that was you pay no attention to the naked chicks on my computer screen. Those crazy pop-up ads you know.....?

Brother_Bong

cableman26":c075hph4 said:
Bong":c075hph4 said:
cableman26":c075hph4 said:
Bong":c075hph4 said:
ThePloughman":c075hph4 said:
:shock: Ahhhhhh

P.S. If that was you pay no attention to the naked chicks on my computer screen. Those crazy pop-up ads you know.....?
No citizen, do not worry. Go about your daily business. We are not here. This message will repeat in two seconds.....Oh, and naked chicks are good, yes, good...........

Charlie

dammow":1aasrf7h said:
dave would be awesome without a dought, but, it has to be jason at the end of the day!

just imagine being jason for a moment, and watching dave with you're dads band! = wrong!
great point, it would kill me

I know it's a low blow to jason, but I want to see four sticks and achilles last stand romped on. Nothing wrong with jason, but I see him with Foreigner and think...yeah, sunglasses and his bald head=not exciting enough for such a huge moment in rock history.

I can empathize with jason. but if I was to pay a hundred bucks for a show - I want to see grohl :twisted: especially where he must be chompin at the bit to get behind the kit.

Word. Besides, what's wrong with Jason I think he does a hell of a job. Of course he's not John, but there will never be another John.
to me, Dave is right there. as straight-forward and ballsy as they come. the guy oozes machismo on the set. John Bonham was a basher...Grohl personifies that to a tee.

I may go to hell for it, but I yearn to see a grohl-zeppelin lineup

ChrisNichols

Dave Grohl would definitely be a good choice. I find he's one of the few drummers going today who knows how to balance power with technique.

Also maybe Zak Starkey? I saw him in 2006 with the Who and he was on FIRE! He definitely did justice to Keith Moon, so I reckon he could pull off the John Bonham thing.

But in the end if it's going to be anyone it really has got to be Jason - that would be such a kick in the balls for him if they picked someone else without his consent. But hey, nothing wrong with that, he's quite the beast himself.

break the prism

I remember reading a while ago that Page and Plant said if Zeppelin ever did a reunion tour, then Grohl would be on drums. Can't remember where that was.

dammow

ChrisNichols":2gtu4exm said:
Dave Grohl would definitely be a good choice. I find he's one of the few drummers going today who knows how to balance power with technique.

Also maybe Zak Starkey? I saw him in 2006 with the Who and he was on FIRE! He definitely did justice to Keith Moon, so I reckon he could pull off the John Bonham thing.

But in the end if it's going to be anyone it really has got to be Jason - that would be such a kick in the balls for him if they picked someone else without his consent. But hey, nothing wrong with that, he's quite the beast himself.
sorry but i really dont see zak with led zep, he is very good but i just dont think he has got the 'power' that dave or jason has.

ChrisNichols

dammow":3ubrfw31 said:
ChrisNichols":3ubrfw31 said:

sorry but i really dont see zak with led zep, he is very good but i just dont think he has got the 'power' that dave or jason has.
His live performance is much more intense than his studio work. Plus the simple fact that he was asked by The Who to be their drummer...gotta be thinking he's a hard-hitter.

kplante069

Regardless of who is playing I have a problem with the whole reunion. I love Zepplin! I can understand doing the one off shows. I even really wanted to see the Page Plant tour but I couldn't get tickets. But a full on Zep tour & possible new disk just sucks. And I say this thinking that if they do come around I want to see them because I never have. But back in 1980 they said they could not continue with out Bonzo. I think they have lost sight of what they were and are just looking at the $$$. I blame Jimmy. But that's just me.

break the prism

In interviews after Bonham died they all said that they would never perform together as Led Zeppelin again. It kind of upsets me as well that they went back on their word.

Alan_

If they're gonna get someone besides Jason Bonham, it should be Dale Crover from the Melvins. Guy's a freaking powerhouse, and really has that behind-the-beat heavy rock feel down to a science.

Rockula!

Just wanted to point out that Grohl stepped into a vacated drummer position for Killing Joke and completely OWNED that album
They have always had very strong drummers