Damn, what a night :D!!!!

drummerduba

Tonight I played in what was probably one of the best gigs I have played Period.

It was the Finals of the Battle for Belladrum competition I was involved with and we had the crowd in our control

My bandmates had commented a lot on how my chops have also improved since getting back from DRT, which I was also glad to hear.

Unfortunately, we didn't win a place to play the Belladrum Festival but I'm not really bothered to be quite honest. It was just a blast to play alongside some damn decent younger talent.

But...........

Theres one more thing that I did tonight.....

Straight after our set, I gave a little speech just to thank the Organisers and to wish all the Finalists good luck.

I swiftly moved on to discussing a "certain someone" who has been there for me through all the Good Times and Bad Times over the last 2 and a half years..
To end it all, I got down on one knee in front of everyone and proposed to Stacey, who obviously said Yes :D

Anyways, sorry for the long post but I thought I should let everyone know hahaha 8)

Mitchell?

Congrats! :D

You prepared to lose all freedom? :)

Jokes, jokes, jokes....

(By the way, way to sneak the Led Zeppelin song into your post. :wink: )

drummerduba

Mitchell?":2qvk2xnz said:
Congrats! :D

You prepared to lose all freedom? :)

Jokes, jokes, jokes....

(By the way, way to sneak the Led Zeppelin song into your post. :wink: )
what now?? sorry, as much as i am a fan, i'm not familiar with a lot of the song names :roll:

drummerduba

shine.fm-youth":476kcczn said:
daaaaaang dubba got the lady :wink:

good job on the gig, and awesome job on the proposal
glad to hear it brotha duba

See now thats not the first time I have been refered to as a Brotha, like Bong......I always wonder if I should get it changed too

Brother_Bong

Way to go Duba! Thats a big leap that takes a LOT of thought, but if you think you are ready then I support ya!
Oh the Zep ref was Good times bad times.
Kudos on the show too.

zen_drummer

stump":1rojiuym said:
Zen...do I hear some pipes a playing? That would be so cool! P.O.Y!
Are you KIDDING?

I am NOT going to play the pipes at a wedding in SCOTTLAND! There are 9 year olds over there that can outplay me!

That would be like showing up to play the drums at Buddy Rich's family picnic!

shrub

Dang you must be one happy dude after a night like that!
Best wishes to your band and to you future marriage!

Kris

Duba....you cheeky bastard!!!! way to go man....best wishes to you and the Mrs.. That took brass balls man! Jolly good show!

drummerduba

First of all, thanks so much, everyone, for the kind words, Stacey was still in shock last time I checked up on her hahahaha....she really didn't expect big sweaty ol' me to propose right after our set in front of what I think was well over 100 people.

Now, to answer the many questions that have been asked...

Kris, I was shaking the whole time during my speech from the nerves :lol:

The wedding wouldn't be until Stacey and I both finish our studies and get settled into proper careers , which might not be for a good few years.

I'm promising that there will be a select few I would like to invite to the Wedding from DML (Mainly those who were there at DRT..........oh and Manzo's hamster :D)

In regards to the bagpipe playing.....Mike I would be truly honoured if you could play for it...I'm sure we could work out something (I could probably fly you over myself at my expense)

Mead50, thanks for the contribution in regards to wedding songs, I will keep that one in mind, cheers mate.