:D need help... what's the name of this cymbal?

StiGma

hey guys! this is my first post... i must say this forum is awesome, and for me (I started drums only 2 years ago) it's a great chance to learn stuff from all of you...
the first thing I want to ask: what's the model and name of the cymbal used by chris adler (i think it's a kinda splash) that u can see well in this video? (in the middle of the song expecially)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB2b-tM4--Y

he uses it as "accompanyment",it's the little cymbal on his right-side; it sound like a closed charleston ( something like that :S ).. can u tell me its name? or something good from another brand also, that can be used as this? thx for help....
bye!

top drummer

This video won't work on my PC... however, here's Chris' cymbal setup from Meinl's website

A: 14" Generation X Filter China
B: 12" Soundcaster Custom Distortion Splash
C: 14" Soundcaster Medium SoundwaveHihat (top)
14" Byzance Dark Hihat (bottom)
D: 8" Candela High Bell
E: 14" Soundcaster Medium Crash
F: 8" Byzance Splash
G: 14" Soundcaster Medium Crash
H: 16" Amun Thin Crash
I: 8" Byzance Splash
J: 18" Byzance Medium Crash
K: 14" Soundcaster Medium Soundwave Hihat (top)
14" Byzance Dark Hihat (bottom)
L: 24" Chris Adler Signature Mb20 Pure Metal Ride
M: 17" Byzance China
N: 16" Generation X Filter China

hope it helps

Shalaq

Yeah, it's definitely the 8" Byzance splash, but he uses different cymbals from time to time, for example he uses sometimes amun& byzance crashes instead of soundcasters.

sharkscott

Put your oily fingers on my cymbals and die.
I LOVE IT!! I tell my singer all the time.."Quit playing with my cymbals!" He likes to touch them while I am playing..AAHH!!

I have yet to actually lay eyes on a Meinl but they sure do sound good from what I have seen so far.

phil-drummer

stevo":khso7yr7 said:
note : adler breaks his splashes pretty often
he rides on them, if i were him , id use a 10" hi hat cymbal , might last longer, but im not going to tell a pro drummer what kit he shud use, ill just get slapped. quite rightly too