Cymbal Stacking?

Ludwig24

I am going to be upgrading my setup to somewhere around 8-10 Cymbals and I was looking to save space and make it easier to play without having to move so far due to so many Cymbals and I thought about stacking the Splashes as I've seen a lot of people do. These are the Cymbals I'm buying stands for so please throw in any comments or suggestions on the stands to buy and how to set them up as I've requested:

Hats - 14" Sabians (Most likely AAX X-Celerator's)

Crashes - 19" AAXplosion, 18" AA Metal-X, 16" AA Rock Crash

Ride - 20' AA Rock Ride

Splashes - 10" AA Splash, 8" AA Splash

Chinas - 18" Wuhan, 12" Wuhan

I'll also possibly getting a 10" or 8" Tom to stick on one stand to add to my 12" 13" and 16" I already have so some help there would be great as well. Thank You So Much!

Ludwig24

Well I hope it turns out awesome. I'll get pics up as soon as I get everything in and set up. :)

Anyone got any advice to throw my way? Thanks!

SGarrett

I like to put small splashes by the hats with Gibraltar grabber cymbal arms or DW dog bones. Putting them up on crash cymbals gives you a different sound but it's a lot easier to hit them with too much power. The best thing you can do is just play around with your setup until you find something comfortable for you.

phil-drummer

Ludwig24":18uxwe1j said:
Well I hope it turns out awesome. I'll get pics up as soon as I get everything in and set up. :)

Anyone got any advice to throw my way? Thanks!

what sort of advice my friend ?

Ludwig24

On the best way to arrange my new cymbal set-up. I know it's largely a matter of personal opinion but I know you guys have experience with all of those cymbals and I don't so I wanted to know where to put em and the best uses for them when playing. Thanks!

I also need 2 more crashes if anyone wants to give some opinions on those. I bought a 16" Rock Crash already but I need a main crash which I'm thinking a 19" AAXplosion would fit the bill for and maybe an 18" AA Metal-X Crash or 18.5" Chad Smith Signature but I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!