Cymbal cleaner

sven913

Anyone use this stuff? i see different brands, apparently some only clean certain types of metals. or apparently only certain cymbal brands which is kind of odd. well its probably just the metal types once again. im trying to find a good kind that will clean (almost) any kind. because ive got 3 A customs, 1 K. and sabian XS hats. as well as other lower end cymbals that i dont use that could possibly be restored to sound better.

PDP9000

Try the Zildjian Cymbal polish its kinda of a lot of work to clean
them becuase of the black stuf that you have to wipe off but once its done
its worth it.

GeorgeDemise

groove juice! I think its made by vater. Put it on, rub it around a bit, then rinse off with water and dry with a towel, gets them so clean so easlily. You have to be careful with the logos though.

SGarrett

I'd only use Paiste cymbal cleaner on Paiste cymbals because they have their own unique coating.

Otherwise, I use HQ ShineOn whenever I need to clean my cymbals. And if you've seen any pictures of them, you see that I don't do that often. :D

Brother_Bong

SGarrett":1q7jr7cd said:
I'd only use Paiste cymbal cleaner on Paiste cymbals because they have their own unique coating.

Otherwise, I use HQ ShineOn whenever I need to clean my cymbals. And if you've seen any pictures of them, you see that I don't do that often. :D
No s**t? There is a difference? My bad, I wasn't aware of the coating as I'm a Zil. man. Cool, learned something new. Thanks SG.

SGarrett

Bong":3ilj1y9t said:
SGarrett":3ilj1y9t said:

No s**t? There is a difference? My bad, I wasn't aware of the coating as I'm a Zil. man. Cool, learned something new. Thanks SG.
That's what the rep. told me, anyway. And if you look at the glare on a Paiste you can actually see the coating on it. Looks kind of like a deep, wet, clear coat on a car.

DrummerZ

I tried some crap Dunlop stuff... And failed.
I want to try Zildjian Cymbal Cleaner.
But, at the moment my mum just gave me some of this 'Brasso' stuff.
It made my Planet Z cymbals shine like a mrror, but unfortunately it started to wipe off the Planet Z logo thing. :(

stump

The only time I "clean" my cymbals is when I wipe them down with a dry cloth. I am a fan of the patina (which means something that grows more attractive and richer with age and use) ....that makes a cymbal unique. Some say it makes them sound better...I agree. And it gives them charactor. Now if you are a fan of flash and shine that's cool....polish away. Most of the cleaners that I used, back before I caught on, in the long run made my cymbals look like crap and destroyed the logo's. Peace on ya!

AmnestysLowEnd

I only use a mild dish soap, water, and a sponge when I clean cymbals. I used to use groove juice on my cymbals and it streaked the hell out of 'em. The only thing I use any kind of "cymbal cleaner" is on heavly soiled cymbals with patina and hard to get off fingerprints.

I also agree with stump about patina, it can also make your cymbals darker in sound too.