Customer Service / Friendliness

LuckilyHeDied

In your experience, what drum/cymbal/stick/head/hardware companies have been the easiest to work with and cater most to us?

Just a question regarding everyone's experiences. I've personally never dealt with any representatives of any company.

Rockula!

I have never really dealt with anyone on the drum side as a customer or a salesman (I usually work in the guitar department)
However
Roland has had a good track record with me
Except for my latest little glitch
I recieved lots of tips when i was learning my SPDS

broozer

LuckilyHeDied":1vva3ka3 said:
In your experience, what drum/cymbal/stick/head/hardware companies have been the easiest to work with and cater most to us?

Just a question regarding everyone's experiences. I've personally never dealt with any representatives of any company.
and you won't unless you're endorsed by them. the closest to getting good customer service from a drum company most of get to is good customer service from the local music store.

bruce

Rockaflodge

Zildjian, I broke a A custom crash after a few weeks of having it, I called them up and they told me to send them the cymbal, a few weeks later I got a new one in the mail and 5 pairs of drum sticks and a letter saying is was a defect in the cymbal and they were sorry for everything.

Pearl, I hade a mastercast hoop with the crome peeling off of it, I called them up and They sent me a new one

So pearl and zildjian have realy good CS.

screamkevin

and you won't unless you're endorsed by them.
Not true at all. I speak with representatives from Yamaha and Pro-Mark on a regular basis. If you have a problem with a product (especially a high-end one) from a drum company, they are usually very accomodating to make sure that you are happy with your purchase.

I find my most preferred customer service from Yamaha drums, Saluda cymbals, and Pro-Mark drumsticks.

Johnny Cat

broozer":32trp43w said:
LuckilyHeDied":32trp43w said:

and you won't unless you're endorsed by them. the closest to getting good customer service from a drum company most of get to is good customer service from the local music store.

bruce
I disagree with that entirely. I sent Sabian a set of 14" hats and they cut them down to 13" for me and drilled holes, free of charge. And I consider myself to be a nobody.

Okay so they're a cymbal company, not a drum company, but it's still evidence to the contrary.

It depends on what you are asking the company to do. Most of them are very helpful and will cover most anything they should warranty wise and whatnot, and many companies throw in free promo items, but they will not fly you to the moon just because you buy their products. Not even most big artists get everything for free.

EKoolaidsDrummer

In my experience I have own a few kits so here's MY humble opinion on the companies I've dealt with....

MAPEX - A+ (My current kit, 1st from this company...)
I called them just to go over my "warranty" they were VERY helpful and patient and even sent me some swag just for having verified my purchase of their product...... I didnt get my free snare from the store (didnt know about it....)
so THEY SENT IT TO ME DIRECT... GOTTA LUV EM!!!!!!!

YAMAHA - C (4 different kits.....)
Great drums, but not so good service if something ever goes wrong with your kit. I had a new lug casing strip out on me, and not only did it take forever to get a person on the phone, they gave me such a hard time about it..... Nobody's perfect though...

GRETSCH B+ (1 Kit...)
Again Great drums but not so good service if you need to call them directly....

PEARL - A+ ( 2 kits....)
I rank them right up there with Mapex. When I bought a Session series and needed a replacement part for the snare, it was almost TOO EASY.... I still reminisce on it from time to time....

Remember you have to judge it for yourself, this is what I EXPERIENCED .......

Gaddabout

Dave Jewell at Yamaha is the coolest guy on the planet.

The folks at Kaman are pretty cool, too. They called me up when Vinnie was playing a private party, so I owe them a good deal of gratitude.

m

LuckilyHeDied":1yico892 said:

Do you mean how they respond/resolve issues when something is wrong? Or just how they deal with you before/while you're a customer?

In either case, I don't think I've had an instance with ANY company involving bad customer service. Obviously the smaller brands can give you more time and personalized attention, but I've never felt any of the big names I've approached/dealt with were anything but accomodating and helpful.

themoo2112

So far I've found that Yamaha and Zildjian are the best at CS. With Yamaha, I had 4 tom arms (the one with the ball) strip out on me. I emailed them and got right back to me and sent me 4 new arms without question. Same goes for Zildjian. I had a 18" China high that had cracked right around where the edge turns down. Got a new one in about 2 weeks.

Deanoatc

I don't use them any more but Paiste has very good customer service. I broke a 16" crash after only having it a few weeks, and they told me to send it in. I got a new one mailed to me a week later. They replaced it with no questions asked.

LuckilyHeDied

Thanks to everybody for the responses.

Deanoatc":2klmju6m said:
I don't use them any more but Paiste has very good customer service. I broke a 16" crash after only having it a few weeks, and they told me to send it in. I got a new one mailed to me a week later. They replaced it with no questions asked.
Just out of curiosity, if they were so good to you, why don't you use them anymore?

Spydr2000

Paiste is awesome with cymbals returns. They don't mess around. I been dealing with them for years.

DW has good service also.. The finish on my kit was coming unglued 2 weeks after I had them. So they set me new drum then when I recieved them shipped the bads back. Also got a free t-shirt and dw pedal parts.

Pearl had defective bassdrum spurs on my masters kit.. Wasted no time set me a new drum right away.

Ddrum kit didn't match in finish .. sent me a new kit.

Sabian 'sucks' I used there cymbals for a very short period of time, broke all of them with'n days of each other. Sabian didn't want to help me a working drummer , playing 250 shows a year using their product... go figure... went back to paiste they sound ALOT better and take more of a beating.

Deanoatc

Just out of curiosity, if they were so good to you, why don't you use them anymore?[/quote]

Well, I only bought two cymbals from them, and I wasn't too impressed. I couldn't find a cymbal my style. I always loved Zildjian so Now I use them.