Custom Vented Snare! Old school meets new school, check it!

seneca

Well guys, I've been talking about it for a while and it's almost time! Just over 2 months ago my order for a custom snare was processed thanks to my endorser (Dark Horse Percussion)! There were a couple snags (one of which was DHP receiving 2 top hoops from their distributer!) but things are finished and it's mailing tomorrow! Smile

I have a few "teaser" shots which I received today! Let me know what you think!

Specs:
6.5x14
20-ply Keller Maple
20 black chrome 1" tube lugs (in-line)
Die-cast black chrome hoops
Black Trick strainer
4 2" vents
White marine pearl w/ custom "Buddy Rich" influenced badge and stripe

My influence for this snare was clearly Buddy's bass drum! I thought to myself, while looking amidst pages of custom snares that were fur coated or lit by LED's. What can I do that hasn't been done to a snare (and without over doing it)? This is what I came up with! I hope you like it!

And of course, for any custom work or hardware (or even if you just wanna meet a cool dude) give Anthony and msg @ Dark Horse Percussion! ;) They deal with their own custom drums PLUS they carry other custom (OCDP, SJC) and non-custom brands (DW, Pearl) as well as cymbals and hardware!!!
www.darkhorsepercussion.com

Let's hear what you think!

Ty

seneca

Totally! They're an amazing company, Anthony (owner) is suuuper easy to deal with! I highly recommend them!

This this sounds KILLER! And surprizingly (contrary to most ppls comments) I'm able to tune it higher (super tight) on lower (med. tight). In combination with the bottom head I'd say that it's still a versatile drum!

Definately check out the web site!

www.darkhorsepercussion.com

Ty