Custom Snare I Built!

drummert2k

One of my custom drums i built. I thought it was cool. and bonus...... It glows in the dark just like a real Ouija Board

Johnny Cat

drummert2k":3dr90poe said:
One of my custom drums i built. I thought it was cool. and bonus...... It glows in the dark just like a real Ouija Board

That's fucking sweet! One of the best ideas for a finish.

drummert2k

Scott_Hurford":9k5dwm8z said:
very :D nice, how long tht take you to build?
the shell was pre cut so all i had to do was edges, sand, and holes before the wrap went on. it took probably about 3 to 4 hours. i could have done it faster but i wanted to be extra careful cause i liked the idea so much

drummert2k

i actually bought a light solid colored piece of that stuff that you use to finish counter tops and then had a company here in my town do the design tranfer onto it. the couter top stuff is a little thicker than regular drum wrap so it was a little tricky getting a tight fit around the shell but it worked out really nice. and to get it to glow i bought glow in the dark paint and VERy carefullt painted over everything that wasnt black (like the letters and all that stuff) i made sure i spend the extra money to get the completey clear glow in the dark stuff so it wouldnt have that yellowing tint.and since the counter top finish isnt as shiney as most wraps i just finished it with a clear coat ( being really careful it didnt run or bubble) if you ever wanna do a unique drum wrap on your own kit on a budget, definetaly look into counter top finishes. theres tons of differant option and its basically just an extra thick drum wrap. but the extra thickness doesnt effect the sound.

mortem

drummert2k":21dwg778 said:

ssssssahweet jeezahs!! That's quite original, man.. kudos!!

and yeah, this thread needs more snare in the dark!

Piddywiffle

One of those things told me I was gonna die young =(

But still that is a solid looken snare. You need to post up on how it sounds. And info of where you got the shell and so on and so forth.... This makes me wanna make a snare.

snarelda

wow, quirky and multi-functional finish.
Very handy at gigs when theres not enogh stage lighting or even as a bed side lamp.
and yeah a pic in the dark would be great :)

Palryo

.... uhm hmmm, you could market stuff like that. and i just figured out exactly what kind of print i want on the wrap :D. and if you use my idea and start making custom snares (sorry if you do already =/ ) i want a free one :twisted: