Custom Drum Companies

loop

In this thread you can write about all custom drum companies. Post pics of your custom drum sets or the sets you would like to own or just pics of the most spectacular, in your opinion, custom drum company finishes. You can present your favourite companies.

My favourite custom drum company is Odery. Their sets have wonderful finishes, wood hoops, many kinds of tom mounting systems and are made of brasilian wood species like bapeva or imbuia. Here is a pic of my dream set

Shalaq

I have a beautiful 16x16 bass drum, custom made by a small Polish drum manufacture enthusiast. The shell is a composite of birch/walnut, 4 plies plus 4 plies of reinforcement rings. All hardware accept lugs is made out of wood. The drum stands on a wooden stand. I'll post the pics when I'll get some new heads on it.

loop

I conclude you mean Repper(?) Post the pics as soon as possible:) Do you have any sound samples of it?

GuRu

@ Shalaq

You were asked so many times to describe the drum, to recommend or whatever. Now, you have no other choice - just do it ;)

Shalaq

OK so the drum looks like this:

The sound is great- very full sounding, although I will have to change the heads from a pinstripe / 1 ply Power Beat to probably Attack Tone Ridge heads. I just don't like the feel of a 2 ply head, especially on a small bass drum like this.
The wooden stand is ok, but if you play with a double pedal it wobbles on the sides. Never fell of the stand though ;) One thing about the wooden stand is that it is sorta too far away from the pedal, so you have to adjust the angles of the beater if the beater is a flat one(like the one on Iron Cobras). If you play a single standard felt beater there won't be any problems with the wooden stand.
Another cool thing about the stand is that first you clamp the pedal to the stand and then you put the drum on the stand. Very convenient.
BTW the guy that made me this drum plays a sycamore drumset- 10 and 12 inch toms, 14x3(or 4) snare and a 14x11 kick!

GuRu

Shalaq":15oh2tax said:
OK so the drum looks like this:
The sound is great- very full sounding, although I will have to change the heads from a pinstripe / 1 ply Power Beat to probably Attack Tone Ridge heads. I just don't like the feel of a 2 ply head, especially on a small bass drum like this.
The wooden stand is ok, but if you play with a double pedal it wobbles on the sides. Never fell of the stand though ;) One thing about the wooden stand is that it is sorta too far away from the pedal, so you have to adjust the angles of the beater if the beater is a flat one(like the one on Iron Cobras). If you play a single standard felt beater there won't be any problems with the wooden stand.
Another cool thing about the stand is that first you clamp the pedal to the stand and then you put the drum on the stand. Very convenient.
BTW the guy that made me this drum plays a sycamore drumset- 10 and 12 inch toms, 14x3(or 4) snare and a 14x11 kick!
and how does it sound when treated like a floor tom?

Shalaq

@ Guru- I have no Idea ;) when I'll put some 1-ply heads I'll tell you, because I definitely sound different than my 16x13 tom-tom.
@Loop- It is quieter than my regular 22x18 bass, but it's loud enugh to cut through. I play it undampened or with a little piece of cloth inside. Other than that I don't put any muffling on my drums.

Aeternal

My custom kit from Dave Conaway (Conawaydrums)
High gloss Maple clear finish w/brass hardware
20X22 kicks
all toms square sizes (not pictured 8X8)
8X8,10X10,12X12,13X13,14X14,15X15,16X16
4X14 walnut stain pic. snare

Timekeep69

Sweet kit!

Here's mine

Medicine Man Custom Drums

Toms: 9x10, 10x12, 12x14, 14x15 16x16, 16x18

Bass 18x22

snare 5x13

Diamond Plate finish

Aeternal

I got square sizes because I was looking for a bit more "meat" when hitting a tom. Kinda hard to decribe.....but the square sizes worked. Next time I think I will get some more traditional sizes so I can lay my toms a little more flat.

The EC2's are EXCELLENT! Maybe the best head I have used. Helps my tune my toms to a wider range, the ring around the head gives me so much control. Sound is perfect...big and meaty....Plus the help keep my triggers tame when I am at a show that cant mic my entire kit.

trevor

i play an Eames kit. made by joe mcsweeney in saugus,ma. they sound unreal live. the drums project so well that close miking them does the drums no justice. they need to be miked with an over head or two. the sweat spot seems to be about 3.5 feet above the heads and behind a little. anyway, check out Eames...their snare drume...butter...really

8x10, 10x8, 12x10, 14x14, 20x16
anton fig snare and one single tama octobon
sick!!!

Carter

trevor":2x0u70gf said:
i play an Eames kit. made by joe mcsweeney in saugus,ma. they sound unreal live. the drums project so well that close miking them does the drums no justice. they need to be miked with an over head or two. the sweat spot seems to be about 3.5 feet above the heads and behind a little. anyway, check out Eames...their snare drume...butter...really

8x10, 10x8, 12x10, 14x14, 20x16
anton fig snare and one single tama octobon
sick!!!

Post pics man! Now! Cheers:)