curved ICON rack

Rockaflodge

Hey guys, I used a rack for 5 years. Then about a year ago I switch to stands ( BAD IDEA ). So to make a long story short I am geting another rack. Heres the deal, should I get the curved ICON rack or just the regaul ICON rack. I never have used the curved one. Does it fit around you better? And is placement just as easy? Ohh and no offence but please dont chime in with other name brand racks, I have hade bad luck with the round tubing racks so I am going to stick with pearls square tubing. Thanks everyone.

zerodogma

I have the front ICON curved rack and love it. It seems a little easier to position all your gear around you.

The only thing I would suggest is to get some of the the Pearl PCX200 Pipe Clamps which tilt and offer more options for tom/cymbal/accessory position.

Not much negative to say about this rack... wherever you put your gear, thats where its gonna stay! But thats the point, isn't it.

Wish I could compare it to the straight rack, but the only straight Pearl rack I used to own was the DR-80. Not quite the rack as the new ICON series.

Hope that helped, and good luck.

screamkevin

I don't use the Pearl rack, but I do use a rack, and let me tell you, the curved racks are much better. They're much more ergonomic, and your equipment seems to flow around you better with the curved rack. Go for it, man.

And I didn't mention any non-Pearl brand names, so there. :p

Shalaq

Screamkevin mentions the non-Pearl brand that makes racks- Gibraltar :) They specialize in making hardware, so I'd check them out.

Rockaflodge

I had a gibraltar rack for 3 weeks and I took that peice of juck back and got a Icon rack and loved it, the gibraltar rack sucked. stuff kept sleping and trying to set it up was more work than I wanted. the only reason I went to stands was to try something deffent. I like the stands at frist but when I started playing every night I could not get the same setup all the time so now I am going back to the rack. NO OFFINCE to you gibraltar guys, but over the last 10 years I have larned my lession's. To me pearl drums and hardware is the only thing worth buying!

screamkevin

None taken. If I had problems with the Gibraltar rack, I'd certainly switch to Pearl. The ICON rack is a damned fine product, but I'm happy with what I use, I have no problems with slippage or anything. Everyone's entitled to what they want to use and prefer!

Still, go with the CURVED rack. (ICON, of course)