Critique me.

I AR MONKEY

Hey guys, Ive been wanting to start a band recently here around my area, but its very difficult to get the people together for the specific style of music I want to play. GF gave me a good idea to post a sample of the style id like to play on a myspace page, and put it up, so peoeople could hear it and see if they were intrested.

So I did, and so far I only have one person who is real serious about it, things are going really slow with that.
=/

but the point of my post, is that Id like you guys to hear the sample, and critique me.

NOW BEFORE YOU HEAR IT, just know that it is REALLLLLLLY sloppy, and I recorded it with a 3 dollar computer mic, you know the ones that come with your computer when you buy it lolz. Cause I am really short on money and it is the only real way I can record anything. The recording is in no way anything I wrote, so its sloppy beacuse I just played around and basiclly jammed at random to what I thought would sound great if I had a band next to me at the moment. I guess I should also add my age and playing time, 17 years old, 1 year playing.

TO be honest, it freaking sucks.
ALOT, but id like some help on how I could get better I guess.
Keep the "you sucks" to a minimum please, unless its reallllly badddd and needs to be told.

Oh and sorry phoniex I cant pull off dragon force, so dont get your hopes up. lolz

heres the link:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =148990582

The Heel

For one year of playing... you are doing great. I only got like 3:30 into the track because its a bad recording and it gets repetitive... You're a little ahead of the beat... but you play some interesting stuff.

Just keep at it, and keep working on your double bass skills. They need work. Ray Luzier has a great DVD out on double bass.

Also get your hands on some of Weckl's earlier stuff as another guy mentioned on another thread. I forgot how great that stuff was and after he mentioned it, I pulled out my VCR... yes my VCR... and rewatched. Its really good stuff. And his mullet is good for comic relief as you watch him do outrageous things on the drums that make you jealous.

Good luck with finding a band. Have fun and have a good time.

I AR MONKEY

The Heel":3vpldbml said:
For one year of playing... you are doing great. I only got like 3:30 into the track because its a bad recording and it gets repetitive... You're a little ahead of the beat... but you play some interesting stuff.

Just keep at it, and keep working on your double bass skills. They need work. Ray Luzier has a great DVD out on double bass.

Also get your hands on some of Weckl's earlier stuff as another guy mentioned on another thread. I forgot how great that stuff was and after he mentioned it, I pulled out my VCR... yes my VCR... and rewatched. Its really good stuff. And his mullet is good for comic relief as you watch him do outrageous things on the drums that make you jealous.

Good luck with finding a band. Have fun and have a good time.

haha awesome vcr!

Thanks for the help, and um I dont use double bass, I use single bass.