Crash Ride

Edge3591

I know a few I CAN live without. I know this is about a crash/ride and I'll probably get alot of "you dumbass this is about a crash/ride you worthless trash" but w/e. Save up and get separate ride and separate crash. Someday you might thank me. Just my opinion

rufus4dagruv

I've got a 19" K Med Thin crash that works great as a ride. I have a chain draped over it and it has dried it out beautifully. I use it primarily as a Left Side Ride for jazz gigs right now. The crash is huge.

Rockula!

I like my 20" Zildjian A Med ride and my A custom ride
they balance each other well and do so many different jobs
So much that I only use those 2 cymbals (except chinas)

GrindheadJim

Rockula!":2dmpghns said:
I like my 20" Zildjian A Med ride and my A custom ride
they balance each other well and do so many different jobs
So much that I only use those 2 cymbals (except chinas)
A 20" Zildjian A Custom ride can make a nifty crash-ride.

Brian L

I actually have a Pulse 18 inch crash/ride, love it!! I perfer it over my HHX groove ride any day. call me crazy but I do. you can actually ride it without going deaf and it sounds great!!!

pow3rtr1p

You could also look into the Zildjian Z Custom Thrash Ride. I've never played one, but I was seriously considering one before I discovered Saluda.

dunkerton12

2 ideas:

1. Sabian makes a beautiful crash/ride cymbal that sounds good in both jobs. The 18" HH Crash Ride has great definition as a ride, and a beautiful wash and shimmer as a crash.

2. Try out some thinner ride and crash cymbals. You'd be surprised at the number of them that can perform both functions, but that aren't labeled to be such. The Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride, for example, is a great ride but also crashes nicely.

break the prism

skitch":1lamr7x9 said:
19” K Zildjian Dark Crash thin
my favorite crash. very rideable.

and to Brian L...i know it's all about preference but...Pulse? I had the 18" Pulse crash/ride and it was one of the worst cymbals i had ever played.