Crash cymbals!

Bigd11

my cymbals ive been playing for like 8 years have finally caved in and 2 of my crashes have cracked (awww)

Im a devote Sabian user and i play hard rock/metal

any suggestions from fellow sabian users or people that just know there shit are very welcome
Cheers

masonvonritchie

My fav. crash ever is the 17" Zildjian Z Custom Medium Crash. That thing is indestructable, loud yet clear, and all around awesome. I've ridden that thing like an all nighter and it hasn't failed me yet and never ceases to amaze. 8)

Animal

I understand you're a Sabian fan, witch is fine.
Anyway, you should try out either Istanbul og Zildjian also.
In the Crash cymbal departement, I would suggest:

"K" Zildjian dark Crash (thin) - 16"
"A" Zildjian Crash - 18"
Istanbul Mehmet, Handmade “Sultan series” Crash - 18”.

I GUARANTEE you won't be disappointed by ANY of these! 8)

anavrinIV

im addicted to sabian aaxplosion crashes. theyre loud, cutting, bright, explode (as the name implies), and are great for riding, imo, because they have a prolonged sustain, which can be the only downfall to them if you like a short sustain. if you do like a short sustain id say look at the aax studio crashes. also the aa metal x series is pretty nice too.

Qbs

I would recommend Paiste Signature Full Crash - it's the best crash I've ever played/heard :)

clay_wise

So far my favorite sounding crash cymbal was a Zildjian A custom 15" crash. It had a really bright, yet full sound. Sadly those are not that durable, and it broke after 6 months of steady play. Right now I have a 16" Z custom Rock crash that sounds fantastic on recordings and a 19" Z custom Medium crash that has the best crash-ride sound I've ever played. Z customs are pretty durable it seems.

veerubio

i used to be hard core zildjan but lately the paiste pst 5 series has been sounding better than any zildjan iv heard.

dolt 454

sabian aax explosion!!!!!!!! 18 or 19in. Ive had my 19in for 15yrs
alwats stood up to the most abuse i could give it. use it as my crash ride. and i play the edge. zildjian crack more than every cym i have every seen. i work at guitar center in drums and zildj crack 75% of the time. not a scientific # but from what I have seen.

Shalaq

For heavy stuff check out Istanbul Alchemy 17 rock crash and 18 rock custom crash combo. Blows your head off.

Turi

Sabian man and AA perfered huh?

I have a AA 17" medium crash that I just love. You say your looking for something in 17" those sound great.

The Chad Smith Xplosion crashes are nice too.

One other option would be to consider the new Vault line of crashes...

Andy Mac

19" Sabian AAX plosion crash is my most favorite cymbal of all time it has a fantastic old sound to it. Definately a line to check out.

The19thHole

Qbs":3vsrdgw1 said:
I would recommend Paiste Signature Full Crash - it's the best crash I've ever played/heard :)
Yeah, Signatures' all the way

However, i also am in love with the Sabian HHX Legacy's... if you havent played them yet, you need to. Great sound.

usmdrummer

For playing rock, my zildjian Z customs haven't let me down. They look great and hold up to the abuse. I use the 17, 19 and 20 inch medium crashes. BIG SOUND!!!

Chazdrums

Zildjian A Custom Projection Crashes are the loudest thickest of the series. They are warm and responcive. You cant go wrong!

Dale

Bigd11":3uxnrof8 said:
my cymbals ive been playing for like 8 years have finally caved in and 2 of my crashes have cracked (awww)

Im a devote Sabian user and i play hard rock/metal

any suggestions from fellow sabian users or people that just know there shit are very welcome
Cheers
I've always liked the Sabian Hand Hammered cymbals; particulary in odd sizes such as 15, 17 and 19".

Being a Sabian guy, I take it you are also partial to Zildjian? If so, the new Hybred cymbals I've been checking out in the drum shop have been very nice indeed. You might like to look into those as well.

For some idea perhaps a little off the wall. Have you thought of buying ride cymbals to use as crashes? I just bought a Meinl 20" heavy ride to be used as a crash and a ride cymbal. Its crashability is superb. Huge, explosive and I doubt it'd break in a hurry. It has a kind of cross Sabian/Zildjian type tone to it. And it sells far more cheaply than the other 2 brands.