Cradle of Filth / Korn

drummerfreek55

OK, wtf is up with these bands as of late? It seems neither band can keep a consistent line-up and with all the crap I've heard regarding Korn's new album, obviously it can't be working out to well. How are either of these bands still around, or I guess the question is how is it possible for a band to continue releasing album after album without keeping the current line-up for more than that one album?

iatemygoat

drummerfreek55":qoh60zng said:
OK, wtf is up with these bands as of late? It seems neither band can keep a consistent line-up and with all the crap I've heard regarding Korn's new album, obviously it can't be working out to well. How are either of these bands still around, or I guess the question is how is it possible for a band to continue releasing album after album without keeping the current line-up for more than that one album?
with Korn i think their backbone is the bass line and guitars. they only lost one of those so replacing one with another and a new drummer was easy. oh yeah and John Davis has an extremly unique voice. same with cradle. Danny's voice is pretty unique so if they lost him im sure record sales would drop drastically. as long as the sound stays pretty consistant in the music, the label is going to continue working with them. that'd be my guess.

Johnny Cat

There's also the thing with contractual obligations. It depends on what the options are in their contract. They might HAVE to keep on going as some form of band until they can fulfill their contracts if they can't or don't want to buy out their contract to the label and call it quits.

As for Cradle of Filth, they're not so unique in my opinion. It's merely the fact that they're a symphonic "black" metal band (quotes because they're not true black metal) that are part of mainstream metal compared to every other band out there that can be called black metal besides Dimmu.

Korn should have thrown in the towel after the second album. All Jonathan Davis did was write more whiny crap about how he was picked on and abused. I have no problem with venting through music, but it gets pretty tired when it's ALL THE SAME SHIT!!!! And his voice drives me insane.

drummerfreek55

iatemygoat":2p1mncrh said:
drummerfreek55":2p1mncrh said:
with Korn i think their backbone is the bass line and guitars. they only lost one of those so replacing one with another and a new drummer was easy. oh yeah and John Davis has an extremly unique voice. same with cradle. Danny's voice is pretty unique so if they lost him im sure record sales would drop drastically. as long as the sound stays pretty consistant in the music, the label is going to continue working with them. that'd be my guess.
I guess I have more of an issue with Korn the CoF. From multiple sources I've heard that, as you stated the bass/guitar backbone has been destroyed by over-emphasizing industrial effects that were added t the album. As far as CoF goes, it gets extremely annoying that you can never figure out who's in the band outside of Danny although I do agree with the other response that in no way are they original.