[coptia] - Electronic kit

coptia

I haven't had an acoustic set in years and definitely miss them but I have a lot of fun with my electronic kit. I have most of the drum software packages so the flexibility is almost limitless.

coptia

Qbs":2hn7nxr3 said:
Sweet kit man, what are the specs? :)
The main drums are Hart with mesh heads. Feel pretty good.
All cymbals are Smartriggers. Again, I like the feel because they are not rubber.
Alternate Mode Drumkat 3.5.
Set of Dauz triggers, 3 6", 2 8" and 1 12 in".

Midi interface:
Roland TD-8 Drum machine
Roland TMC6
Drumkat has 9 inputs also

For software:
Larry Seyer on Gigastudio
DFH Superior
SID XL (can't get it to work but my favorite)
Kontakt and Battery

Lots of fun

m

very nice! I've been using a big Ekit for touring, it definitely provides a lot of variety~ I've got a few Smartriggers too, they're pretty nice, eh?
slowly converting back to A's lately though.

Really cool kit, thanks for sharing it!

Mcrp

Nice..

I`ve been playing on Yamaha DTX Press. Elektronic kits are good alternative for classic drumsets.

Qbs

How are those mesh heads? are they more like those on Roland or those on Pearl Rhythm Traveller?

coptia

Mcrp":29etbc2h said:
Nice..

I`ve been playing on Yamaha DTX Press. Elektronic kits are good alternative for classic drumsets.
That's a good way to say it. They are a good alternative but I still want acoustic kit some day just to make some noise.

coptia

m":3farouxi said:
are your Smartriggers tarnishing at all?
No tarnishing probably because they are never moved. Always in my studio in home. I did have problems with the rubber silencing piece for a better term falling off the bottom of the cymbals. I think it happened to all of the first ones I bought. Did you ever have that problem? The guy at smartrigger told me adhesive to buy but it was some kind of 3M industrial crap that was $$$$. Just curious.

coptia

Qbs":312er3gh said:
How are those mesh heads? are they more like those on Roland or those on Pearl Rhythm Traveller?
Sorry but I am not familiar with the Pearl but they feel pretty close the Roland V drums. They aren't the greatest but I like them a lot better than the rubber triggers I have. Much more natural.

m

I never had any trouble with the stuff underneath- it held up fine for me. Just seemed like the surface of the cymbals tarnished really quickly and it won't clean up completely with cymbal polisher.

I had a Hart Pro bass and snare, but ended up going back to Roland.

Your kit sure is a beauty!

m

that's a DrumKat multizone pad, we've got a couple of those in our studio. Nice way to expand your targets with a small footprint.

In fact, with one of those and 2 pedals, you can have a whole kit at your electronic disposal!

We use on onstage as a secondary percussion station.

drumkat site

Qbs

nice! :)
I;d love to add some roland electronics to my kit like the Roland Handsonic or maybe an Akai MPC... maybe someday...

rockstark

kudos... nice kit... want a set of those for my studio for quick and dirty stuff.. The Mapex set I have has a nice studio sound to it...

Jaki

the future in drusm is with Electric Kits..... it allows hours and hours and hours of practice over any acoustic player with out a doubt.... if u have an acoustic kit .. it is wise ya purchase an e kit... great for recording n also greta for practicing obviously.... owning an e kit gives u an advantage over anyone who has just an acoustic kit and no sound proofing lol