Comments, suggestions...etc

Greg

If you have any comments, suggestions etc. about the forum feel free to write them in this topic.

screamkevin

Here's a suggestion or three, and sorry if I come off as annoyed, because I really am...

There needs to be a sticky posted topic of the posting rules at the top of each section of the forums. This rules post needs to be copied and sent to all members every month, to remind people of good conduct online. Encourage proper grammar, punctuation, and conduct here. This place is great, but it is WAY out of control, with too many redundant posts, a ton of clutter, and some spam thrown in for good measure. You need more moderators, or at least ones that clean this forum up. I've offered before to be a moderator, but had absolutely no response, either a yay or nay.

And for the rules, please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, put it in the rules and outlaw the asking of "What's the best...(insert product here)". I'm really sick and tired of seeing that question seemingly on every damn drum and cymbal thread here. It's lame, overused, and completely irrelavant. It's a n00b question, and while I don't mind helping people who are new to drumming, this is getting out of freaking hand.

Sorry, but I do have my pet peeves.

loop

Thanks for your post, man :) As it comes to spammers I think we have this problem solved - new registering procedure, thanks to Greg, works perfectly :)

I can't answer your other questions but I can assure you that the rules will be there as soon as possible.

cheers and thanks for your post once again :)

m

loop":1hbfi6yx said:
Thanks for your post, man :) As it comes to spammers I think we have this problem solved - new registering procedure, thanks to Greg, works perfectly :)
could you PM me about this, I'm having the same problem on my band's forum. I'd like to know your solution
thanks!

Flatliner

gotta have the ability to view the layout like it used to be, earlier today it was impossible to read and now you can read it but the white is like staring at the snow with the sun shining, I'm gonna go blind.

brandon8robinson

Yeah, this forum needs more forums!
I mean there's drum sets, accesories, Snares? I mean why is snares in there randomly?

They should have like

-drumsets
-toms
-snares
-cymbals
-accessories
-bands
-general
I don't know not much of a difference but everybody has to post tom topics in either Accessories or General!

loop

brandon8robinson":1gf55917 said:
I don't know not much of a difference but everybody has to post tom topics in either Accessories or General!

Drum Set section is the place to talk about toms :)

scrubs

The music player is a cool idea, but it seems to reset every time I click on a forum/thread/etc. Any way to make it play continuously while I'm browsing the site?

I'm using the Firefox browser, if that makes any difference.

Rem

A videos section.
An electronic section (eg. micing and mixing drums)
Seperate hardware section
quick reply.
more profile detail?

thanks just a few suggestions

Rockula!

I have always had problems logging in
In fact, my little trick is to reply to something and then log in because the main log in screen never seems to work
Today was the absolute most frustrating day so far
I must have logged in 10 or 15 times to stay on the board (and I lost a lengthy post as well)
I love this site and this is the only complaint I have ever had
Obviously, it doesn't keep me away

Brother_Bong

I would agree that this site should expand more on the profiles/personalities aspect, because more instant info would help reduce redundant threads, ie, my "what kind of a drummer are you" question, for it would have already been answered. But, I would caution, not having too many guidelines, as we are all individuals, with different approaches to things, thats what makes us what we are, right. Don't tell the egomaniac guitar players, but, DRUMMERS RULE!

dbkman

i think people trying to run around and be dick heads is getting really old. this place is supposed to be a drummer community, not ego fest 07. encouragement is a beautiful thing ;)

and as far as sections go, i think its perfect. i think a chat room would be good though. nothin crazy. and if there is a chat room put up. Drums only please! nobody cares about halo! an off topic forum area is enough. a chat room would totally kill the site. again, drums only! but you guys rock all around. you admin and moderators do an awsome job.

FiestyRedDrummEr

I think we should have a list telling us whos online and whos posting. But thats it I really like the forum layout.

And you can't stop people from posting just because you don't like what they say. Grow a thick skin.

dbkman

its about spreading negativity. are you promoting that? of course not. thats the point im making. its not needed. period.

PDP9000

screamkevin":oxeqcska said:
Here's a suggestion or three, and sorry if I come off as annoyed, because I really am...

There needs to be a sticky posted topic of the posting rules at the top of each section of the forums. This rules post needs to be copied and sent to all members every month, to remind people of good conduct online. Encourage proper grammar, punctuation, and conduct here. This place is great, but it is WAY out of control, with too many redundant posts, a ton of clutter, and some spam thrown in for good measure. You need more moderators, or at least ones that clean this forum up. I've offered before to be a moderator, but had absolutely no response, either a yay or nay.

And for the rules, please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, put it in the rules and outlaw the asking of "What's the best...(insert product here)". I'm really sick and tired of seeing that question seemingly on every damn drum and cymbal thread here. It's lame, overused, and completely irrelavant. It's a n00b question, and while I don't mind helping people who are new to drumming, this is getting out of freaking hand.

Sorry, but I do have my pet peeves.
Damn bro you really put it out there but it cool.