Coltrane,Chambers and Copeland.

disrupt13

I need some album help if you fellows could,
I need a Police album which highlights copelands drumming, or his best drumming album,

Same with Dennis Chambers, any jazzier, fusion albums please,

And any John coltrane albums,

Thanks fellas

vincemie

john coltrane-1955-1959 early period these include albums released on prestege records or blue note records, traening in, soul trane, blue trane, john coltrane with kenny burrell.

Middle period- 1959-1964 this is the atlantic records period as well as the time after that when he signed to impule records and formed one of the all time great jazz groups known now as "the classic quartet" ( jimmy garrison, mccoy tyner, and the great elvin jones ) , ole, my favorite things, coletrane jazz, coltrane plays the blues, impressions, africa brass, live at the village vanguard, ballads, crescent, a love supreme.

later period 1965-1967 these are recordings from the combining and then dissolution of the classic quartet with other musicians and is known as his "free jazz" period. albums include, ascension, interstellar space, and sun ship. this period is NOT suggested for a first time coltrane listener.

use google, wikipedia, itunes, and youtube to help you one your search good luck and enjoy

Mike_Drums

get the police greatest hits for stuart copeland, it has wrapped around your finger which is a great drumming song as well as walking on the moon, that one is a tricky one and good luck man

disrupt13

That was more than I was expecting, and I appreciate it,
I'm kinda limited right now with you tube, and searching music online,cause my mom has been staying at my house and her boyfriend has too and jacked up my computer with poker,

I'm actually typing all my posts on a sidekick.

But thank you for your help.

Alan_

also, for chambers, check out the jazz organ/guitar/drums trio he did with john mclaughlin.

disrupt13

I ll have to check these out, I need some new music, I'm sick of the same old stuff, and I hear coltranes good,
And ivve always like chambers solos.

And copelands always good..

disrupt13

Haha, ok, legendary,

If you got any more records, preferably jazz, and ones with good drumming and brush work I would be greatful

ODOYLE RULES!

vincemie

investigate a record label called "blue note records" here is the wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Note_Records click on the artists contained within this page. there is a rich history not only with jazz music but also in audio engineering contained within this labels history. not only that but it is a TREASURE TROVE of jazz albums. they have been operating since 1939. so during the jazz heyday they were one of the premier labels putting out jazz records there are literally hundreds and hundreds of albums that will interest you if you are looking to get into jazz.

skitch

Alan_":1185jmxs said:
zenyatta mondatta, ghost in the machine, and synchronicity for stewart copeland.

I would say Zenyatta Mondatta was probably the best Police album to study Stewart. It was relatively free of the overdubbed ride cymbal bell that Stewart was so fond of. It was pretty cleanly recorded and much less produced than Ghost in the Machine or Synchronicity.

rlrrll

If I had to pick one Police album, it would be Zenyatta Mondatta, mainly because it has "Driven To Tears" on it. Each album has truely great stuff on them though.