Cocktail set drum pedal

nate

I was watching Jeff Tweedy's Sunken Treasure DVD...AMAZING!!! But anyways the drummer (Glen) that sat in sometimes and used a cocktail pedal on his floor tom instead of a bass drum and I was wondering if you could turn a regular pedal into a cocktail pedal or if you had to buy a special one (if so...where). If anyone has any clue or experience with cocktail drum sets please give some ups and downs of the pedal actions. Thanks.

nate

Those are very interesting but no he was just using his normal 14x14 floor tom and had a cocktail pedal...I think there is a way to make any pedal do this after looking at my pedal, but I decided against it. Its really just a matter of removing the beater holder, reversing it, and then takeing off the chain and putting in on backwards too. I should have looked before posting I guess but if anyone does know where to get a fairly cheap cocktail pedal then please link me.

Brother_Bong

I can't see it very well in his avatar, but I think Kermit Von Zombie uses a pedal similar to these. Maybe you could PM him.