C'mon now musiciansfriend

drummer912

So I was doing my daily surfin on musiciansfriend, and on the percussion page they have this big ole picture of a Ddrum Diatribe kit and it says, "your choice, only $599," and I was like, dang, thats not too bad for a complete five piece kit. So i click on the icon and it brings me to the page with three kits, the lowest of which being like $699 or something. What's the deal with the false advertising? Last week they had an advertisement for the "all-maple" PDP X7 kit, which has a hybrid-hardwood shell. What's up man?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/perc

UPDATE: They fixed it, now the ddrum diatribes are $599 for real.

stump

I will tell you one thing about them, if you challenge the price they will give you the lowest. I have spent thousands with them and they have alway made good, even on competitor prices. Peace on ya!

drummer912

stump":15a90oao said:
I will tell you one thing about them, if you challenge the price they will give you the lowest. I have spent thousands with them and they have alway made good, even on competitor prices. Peace on ya!
they are a great company, I'm not trying to diss them, I was just wondering why they falsely advertise sometimes.

cableman26

I ordered a kit off them awhile back Ludwigs, and it came it in two boxes. Then a couple days later another box arrives. They screwed up the order somehow. Anyway now I have to snares two thrones two of the same tom and all the extra hardware. The box is still sitting here they haven't charged me, I guess I should send it back. I dunno.

percussle

cableman26":1fo32dh7 said:
I ordered a kit off them awhile back Ludwigs, and it came it in two boxes. Then a couple days later another box arrives. They screwed up the order somehow. Anyway now I have to snares two thrones two of the same tom and all the extra hardware. The box is still sitting here they haven't charged me, I guess I should send it back. I dunno.
sell it and buy some more shit for your kit :)

Potatoe Snack

cableman26":253609zr said:
man...what to do, what to do. age old question of right and wrong.

OnusPro

I'm still waiting on a 13" K Hihat top cymbal that I ordered 2 freakin months ago. What the hell, are they mining the copper to make the cymbal???

GypoDrummer

cableman26":2bjmiig2 said:
lol i know i'm starting to feel guilty about it should i call them?
If you're a man with a concience then yer, call them...

but on the other hand... they did make the mistake... heh

GypoDrummer

ohh, and isn't there like laws on fals advertising? like a way to sew or something? mmm, they probably have like a few admins or moderators or watever, and they dont keep in contact with each other... so one would do the advertising or watever, and the other would do the page, and they probably wouldn't consult prices heh... or else it could just be a typo...

iatemygoat

percussle":32gx9sjp said:
cableman26":32gx9sjp said:
does anyone remember the person on here that ordered some low end cymbal and they gave him like a K custom? prolly 200 dollar difference?

he was honest and said they had made a mistake and they gave him his money back AND let him keep the cymbal as a free gift. id say be honest and you never know you might end up getting something out of it for doing so.

rufus4dagruv

iatemygoat":3k0fz1el said:
percussle":3k0fz1el said:
cableman26":3k0fz1el said:
does anyone remember the person on here that ordered some low end cymbal and they gave him like a K custom? prolly 200 dollar difference?

he was honest and said they had made a mistake and they gave him his money back AND let him keep the cymbal as a free gift. id say be honest and you never know you might end up getting something out of it for doing so.
That's pretty sick!

My only beef with MF is temporary, I hope. I had placed an order recently for some cases and stands and a couple of Wuhans. The order sat there for a week and did not move. I called 3 times and spoke with 3 people who gave me 3 different reasons as to why there was a problem. 2 of the guys were nothing short of worthless in regards to the information they could provide and the manner in which they provided it. The last guy was courteous and professional. Basically, I gathered that due to a recent warehouse relocation (a few months ago?) they are behind in filling orders, especially for the "little things." I don't know how long it's going to take them to get caught back up, but I would hope it is soon.

I also recall that recently GC was bought out by a private equity firm. These kinds of aquisitions usually only occur if the buyer sees a lot of profit potential where the current owner/board/share holders do not. I think GC was publicly traded previously, no? Anywho, I've heard stories, but nothing confirmed, that there could be some changes going on with that company. I do not know how the relationship between MF and GC is filed, but I do know that the MF distribution also handles all orders from Music123, Woodwind and Brasswind, Giardinelli, and I think a few other sites. I am curious to see how the company changes in the future.

Rockula!

I was working at Brook Mays in Dallas when they went under
The boss said they were getting bought out by Music 123
I decided to find annother job
Not really interested in working for those people
Luckily, I got the job at Larry Morgan which was superior in every way