cleaning your babies

mapexdrummer

ok guys i love your feedback on anything i ask! cuz i just love learnin! [assholes not welcome] well i just wanted to know how u guys care for your set ie. cleaning shells, lacquer, hardware, etc...this includes cymbals too! i personally dont like cleaning my cymbals...wat do u think?

screamkevin

It's all up to you.

I use Fender Guitar Polish on my drums, it's great and leaves no residue. I clean my Saluda Cymbals with Zims or Groove Juice, then a quick application of Pledge keeps the dust & fingerprints away. I'm not too good about the hardware, mostly just a quick wipedown with a soft cloth.

Adonis2121

I have a satin oil finish DW so I usually use furniture polish and it works just fine. I also use Zims for my cymbals. As for the hardware Ill use a watered down solution of Zims . I usually apply it with a rag.

wg93081

At the Vintage Drum Show in St. Charles about 3 years ago I purchased TRICK drum and Hardware polish along with the polishing towels and they work great. It really gets the drums really shiny and the hardware sparkles to a mirror finish. As for the cymbals I use the PAISTE cymbal cleaner. 8)

Dale

I use Mr Seen furniture polish on drums. Aluminium cleaner on hardware and cymbals. If the cymbal is very dirty I use ShineOn cymbal cleaner.

vargasdrumbeast

For my drum shells, I dont use any special cleaner I just usesome windex and a handy wipe then towel dry them.

My advice on cymbals however is to not get "Groove Juice" it does not clean them. :shock: I REPEAT DO NOT GET GROOVE JUICE!!

The Alien Drummer

Depending on your drum finish, I use any generic cleaner (windex or invisible glass) then I wax them with car wax after they are clean. Then I use a california duster every time they come out of the case. Keeps em lookin good IMO. Just wax every year or so, the windex takes off the old layer of wax.

Hardware gets dusted with the duster also. Usually doesn't ever need more if I keep them clean. On the rare occasion they get a spill or someting I use invisible glass.

Cymbals I use Bar Keepers friend when they get dirty (once, maybe twice a year) and use the duster in between. I'm tellin ya, the duster is the quick and easy way to go and doesn't scratch your finish like alot of things will (even towels!)

dougthedrummer

Hey all.I use a dusting cloth and a little bit of pledge on my kit,and I really don't clean my cymbals alot.I have the zildian titaniums,and they can not be cleaned with cymbal cleaner.Cymabl cleaners of any type WILL REMOVE THE TITANIUM FINISH From them.Just to let you know.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pearl
Evans
Zildian
Sabain
AHEAD Sticks :roll:

downshifter99

Pledge on my drums(Lacquer finish)

Wrights copper cream(the best results and $4.99 a jar)

I wipe mt hardware the next day after a show(pretty often)so,they need need a massive cleaning.

NO GROOVE JUICE :shock: OR ANYTHING ELSE THAN STATED ABOVE :idea:

Zim

I have a satin finish Sonor kit so I was told by the Sonor people to use baby wipes on the shells and I use windex and a clean cloth for my hardware.

Cam86

I use baby wipes on my yamah kit and it works fine. But i dont clean my hardware. It doesnt get nearly as dirty from shows as the actual kit does...not sure why. But for my cymbols i use the old school 'ShineOn - cymbol polish' from HQ percussion products out of St.Louis, MO. It works great.

PDP9000

for my hardware i ues groove juice and for my zildjain cymbals i ues the zildjian cymbal polish and for my drums i ues satin oil finish

Palryo

if im jsut getting dust off of mine (since it hasnt left my room yet that seems to get all over it ) i just use a tack cloth. and also im paranoid about scratching the finish so i use a tack cloth again if im going to clean with windex or something like that. my cymbals im too afraid to touch them with anything

skitch

mapexdrummer":2ncp7zj2 said:
ok guys i love your feedback on anything i ask! cuz i just love learnin! [assholes not welcome] well i just wanted to know how u guys care for your set ie. cleaning shells, lacquer, hardware, etc...this includes cymbals too! i personally dont like cleaning my cymbals...wat do u think?
My Finishply gets the Pledge treament. I use Flitz on the cymbals.

killdrum1983

As far as cymbals i clean them with a metal/aluminium product i let it penetrate really nicely with a towel or an old t shirt and then five minutes later i clean it again with a clean towel...