Chris Pennie!!!!

nrlang86

I've probably posted about him before, but I'm really enthralled with the insane skills of one Chris Pennie. To me, he is the most underrated drummer in modern music. Very clean, very maniacal, very fast, very articulate. Check out this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRP3UqvIEIY

Anyone who is unfamiliar with The Dillinger Escape Plan, hopefully you'll not let the aural chaos overwhelm you. What I like about them, besides the screaming, is how clean the cuts are between sections of the song. You make think they cut and paste in the studio, but check out the live clips. Very intense.

Chris Pennie recently left the group, as most are aware. Hopefully he makes magic happen with Coheed.

myowndrummer

i am also extremely influenced by chris pennie, the way he incorporates heavy jazz and latin influence into such chaotic arrangements is amazing. i have seen DEP live on several occassions and have never been let down, chris and the rest of the band nail everything while going completely insane on stage. i am upset that chris left DEP, but gil sharone is also a very amazing drummer, im curious to see how there new album will come out

Potatoe Snack

good drummer but the chaos in the music is just too much for me to handle. nothing grabs me, its just noises unfortunally to me.

Solix

nrlang86":3mbxe6gd said:
Chris Pennie recently left the group, as most are aware. Hopefully he makes magic happen with Coheed.
Same here. Although I'm equally afraid that he won't be able to shine through in a band like Coheed and just be relegated to keeping the beat (like their old drummer).