chinese cymbals

i bought sabian b8 pro chinese symbol....but it sounded like crap, it was too much of a gong you know what i mean:S well im looking for a good sounding chinese that sounds real good kind of like a splash but not you know i cant really describe it but i dont know what a good kind to get either sabian or zildjen(can never spell it off the top of my head, please dont judge) i dont want to spend too much money! someone please help me out
im from canada so if you know prices let me know what they would be in canadian if you know
thanks
Rob

jbreshears

groovermiester00":j1cb3rdl said:
why is it such a cheap symbol? i have seen other posts about that symbol but i thought it would have been another currency

Wuhan is a really good cymbal for the money. I also have the B* chinese which it sucks but i've just got the 16"Zildjian oriental china trash and i love it. It is one of the best (in my opinion) it will run about 200-225 in your currency. I got mine from musician's friend for 180.00 here's the link check them out,

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=441425

drummer

Wuhan is good for the money. But if you want something else your gonna have to spend more money to get something that doesnt suck. B8 is pretty shitty. if you like sabian go with at least Pro.

The Heel

Regardless of the money Wuhan is a good choice.

As a main China I would recomend the 18" Wuhan China.

The 200 (American) you're gonna jump from the Wuhan to that Dark K 18" Custom China really isnt going to justify itself unless you're recording with it.

Johnny Cat

groovermiester00":51pfrngi said:
i bought sabian b8 pro chinese symbol....but it sounded like crap, it was too much of a gong you know what i mean:S well im looking for a good sounding chinese that sounds real good kind of like a splash but not you know i cant really describe it but i dont know what a good kind to get either sabian or zildjen(can never spell it off the top of my head, please dont judge) i dont want to spend too much money! someone please help me out
im from canada so if you know prices let me know what they would be in canadian if you know
thanks
Rob
If you're looking for something that kinda sounds like a splash but not, something tells me you want something a bit higher pitched and more sizzly.

You might want to look at getting a Swish with rivets. It's similar to a Chinese in shape and sound, but it is smoother, higher pitched, and very sizzly when you have the rivets in it. Excellent for riding if you're into that type of thing, but you can still use it for throwing in accents here and there like you would a chinese, crash or splash.

The only one I can think of off hand is the Paiste Traditionals swish, but it's not cheap. Check out the sound sample at Paiste's website, and of course most importantly, play one, or any swish if you have the opportunity. It might be the sound you're after.

Zim

I use an 18 zildjian zbt china sounds fine but I also started using smaller wuhan chinas and I beleive thats what your describing. Price and splashy ,trashy sound is wuhan there fairly inexpensive check ebay drumxpress sells all the sizes and stuff reasonable so buy a few. If you break em from hitting them too hard or there pitch is wrong and they break you'll have back up. I got a 12 but I am going to get a 16 and another 12 cause I like them so well on my kit.

tamarocker

how didnt you like to b8 pro china cymbal? i have 2 of them and i love them! if you put it on a spring it might sound better to you because thats what i have them on. but it's your drums dude

meddlejordison

I have played many Chinas and I say go with Wuhan. I have a 12" and 16" and they both sound amazing. I mean out of all honesty...why get a china cymbol from anywhere else but a chinese cymbol maker!

mlumpkin13

I had a B8 Pro china and it took abot 3 years and a crack to start sonding good. Now I play Sabian AAX, really good sonding china(16,18,19, or 20") and Wuhan is an awesome china but they're cheap so they might crack pretty quick.

drumtone

youre definently not gonna find anything that sounds good for cheap. the wuhan is your best bet for the price. i like to hit the wuhan at the same time as my crash cymbals, it adds a nice little cut to the crash. as far as a standard china, it sounds like you want to go for a "trashy" sound. i like bosphorous cymbals for that particular sound. most of their cymbals have a trashy tone to them, but they dont come cheap, thats for sure.

lousypadrummer

I used to have a Sabian pro sonix (sp) and hated it. Now I use a 12'' and 18" Wuhan. They are great. Hey, if it's good enough for Neil. :D

Mikkey

The zildjian oriental trashy china is pretty good and sounds a lot different from most chinas. Might not be your taste. I liked the old line of Paiste alpha chinas and I'm sure the new ones are good too. The best china in my opinion is probably the Paiste Nova china. Inverted bell, pretty cool.

patrick2503

I totally recommend the 19'' SABIAN Paragon China. The 20'' is kinda too asian gong sounding but the 19'' is really trashy and is honestly one of the greatest chinas I've ever heard if not the greatest sounding cymbal I've ever heard!
...But if you don't want to spend $195.00 CAD on a china, Wuhan chinas are great sounding for the price!

EKoolaidsDrummer

If you want great sound but not pay a lot I'd suggest you check your local Guitar Center, Sam Ash, local pawn shops etc.....

As far as what china to look for?

The Zildjian Oriental China Trashes sond GREAT!!!!!

I found my 18" at a local pawn shop for $45!!!!!!
and found a 14" one at another and only paid $25......