Check this pedal out!

FastEddie

looks awesome i would have to try it only thing that sucks is.. its a single pedal they need to come up with a double.

Mikkey

$300?!?!?!??? Yeah right. I'll just stick with my eliminator belt drive pedals at the moment.

dougthedrummer

Wow!!..that looks pretty sweet.Great concept too.For 300 bucks though I would want to try one out first.Its not like I can jump in my car and drive to guitar center and try one.I don't think they have them?....Oh well...road trip!Any exscuse to go to music store.

Johnny Cat

I just hope they use rare earth magnets or something of the kind that will last longer. Even magnets won't last forever. And what happens if you have to replace anything?

CHIMPOaGOGO

"In the pedal and footboard are powerful rare-earth magnets that repel each other to eliminate the need for any spring mechanism. Since you have control over the position of one magnet, you can adjust the amount of resistance."

Johnny Cat

CHIMPOaGOGO":2z6n8c4k said:
"In the pedal and footboard are powerful rare-earth magnets that repel each other to eliminate the need for any spring mechanism. Since you have control over the position of one magnet, you can adjust the amount of resistance."
Nice! Thanks! :)

m

that was one of the things I regret missing most at NAMM- still not sure how I overlooked it.
I've read a review somewhere that said the feel was really strange.
I sure wanted to check one out... :-(

Shalaq

The closer you have the magnets the more they are going to repel each other. In other words, the tension will gradually be stronger when you push downward. Springs also change tension, but maybe it can be felt more with the magnets?

m

just ran across the review again:

" the Drumnetics magnetically spung bass drum pedal, one of several new pedals at the show. This pedal works using the polar resistance of earth magnets instead of a spring. In this particular configuration however, the pedal lacks the expected (and often desired) recoil of a traditionally sprung pedal, meaning the beater and foot board come back at your leg for the next power stroke."

sp4zium

$300 for a pedal :? seems a bit... much... I just can't see how it would be that much better than a decent spring pedal... I've been using the same pedal for 4 years now and it still hasn't lost much of its response... and it's just a sonor stock pedal from its low end set :cry: