Check out my new project

okjohne

Hey all,

here is a little sumthin from my new thing. Little sloppy to begin but then we reign the bitch in and take her for a ride. Not really a song though we have several, just a begining of rehearsal warm-up jam. I through down a little half time shuffle a-la Rosanna/Fool in the rain and see what happens.

Www.theawe.com

Is where it's @

Rob Crisp

Can totally hear the half time shuffle in there nice work! What cymbals are you using, they sound really nice, as does the snare!

okjohne

Mr Crisp,

Thanx for the reply. Funny thing happens when you leave the recorder on durring rehearsal... Sometimes you get something to work with.

I'm a Zildjian "A" man. I've owned a few sabians and Paistes but I always gravitate to the A's.

the snare is an oddity indeed. 8x15 WFL marching/concert snare. Three ply maple with reinforcment rings.

Cheers!

Potatoe Snack

i agree! the snare does sound nice, it has a nice low bite to it. i can only seem to get attack out of a snare if i tune it fairly high.

okjohne

Yep, I crank it down pretty hard but the drum is so darn big it doesn't get real thin like a smaller drum would. By the way that recording was done w/3mics 1 kick and two over heads.

Alan_

sounds good. nice playing as well. I liked the last stuff you posted up a while back too.

okjohne

Alan_":2ae2i0ug said:
sounds good. nice playing as well. I liked the last stuff you posted up a while back too.
Thanx Allan. We have started a myspace myspace.com/aumwaveeffect

The music I had up a couple months ago is with a band that is on it's last legs. Don't know if that will ever come together again. Went through to many singers.