chad smiths

seandude

what kind dose he have in the dvd Off The Map red hot chili peppers

Please restate you question so that we understand what do you mean. Otherwise the topic will be deleted.

Vgard

Chad Smith, I think is NOT a very good, but a good drummer! His not a very ekstrem, but his a straght god hit drummer I think..

screamkevin

Okay, the last post first. Chad Smith is one of the best drummers on the planet. You don't have to play extremely fast death metal or display constant 4-way independence to be a good drummer. Chad is widely known as one of the funkiest, most grooving drummers out there, and we are lucky to be able to look up to him.

Original post: If you're referring to the "Off The Map" DVD from RHCP, that was released in 2001. Here's a rundown of Chad's gear. He used the same equipment from 1999 through 2005. He currently plays the new Pearl Reference series.

Californication & By the Way (1999-2005) Tour Kit:

Pearl Masters Custom (MRX) Drums and Sabian Cymbals:
Pearl Drums - Silver Sparkle or Custom Colours - Satin Blue Flame or Satin Fire Purple
12x10" Tom
14x14" Floor Tom
16x16" Floor Tom
5x14" Pearl Sensitone Snare or 5x14" DW Edge Snare or 5x14" Pearl Chad Smith Signature Snare
16x24" Bass Drum
19" AA Medium Crash or 18.5" Chad Smith Explosion Crash
20" AA Rock Crash or 20.5" Chad Smith Explosion Crash
21" AA Rock Ride or 21" Ed Shaugnessy Ride
14" Flat Hats Top, AA Top for Bottom
19" AAX or AA China
10" AA Splash
Vater Chad Smith Signature Series Funkblaster Sticks

Scott_Hurford

screamkevin":1unqyi3r said:
Okay, the last post first. Chad Smith is one of the best drummers on the planet. You don't have to play extremely fast death metal or display constant 4-way independence to be a good drummer. Chad is widely known as one of the funkiest, most grooving drummers out there, and we are lucky to be able to look up to him.
agreed 100%, he is my biggest drumming influence, he has been since i started drumming for the first time, he's inspirered me to no end.

phil-drummer

screamkevin":14ch5u64 said:
I totally agree, although im in a death metal band , i still ragard him as a big influence , hes just amazing

DrumminBari

I was starting to believe no one else appreciated Chad Smith anymore! Its good to see people still respect some straight up style. Chad Smith is definetly a huge influence on my drumming. The entire RHCP band is a huge influence on me, and I am very happy someone still appreciates a band that just grooves.

Gazdkw82§

screamkevin":bup67dxm said:

Original post: If you're referring to the "Off The Map" DVD from RHCP, that was released in 2001. Here's a rundown of Chad's gear. He used the same equipment from 1999 through 2005. He currently plays the new Pearl Reference series.

Californication & By the Way (1999-2005) Tour Kit:

Pearl Masters Custom (MRX) Drums and Sabian Cymbals:
Pearl Drums - Silver Sparkle or Custom Colours - Satin Blue Flame or Satin Fire Purple
12x10" Tom
14x14" Floor Tom
16x16" Floor Tom
5x14" Pearl Sensitone Snare or 5x14" DW Edge Snare or 5x14" Pearl Chad Smith Signature Snare
16x24" Bass Drum
19" AA Medium Crash or 18.5" Chad Smith Explosion Crash
20" AA Rock Crash or 20.5" Chad Smith Explosion Crash
21" AA Rock Ride or 21" Ed Shaugnessy Ride
14" Flat Hats Top, AA Top for Bottom
19" AAX or AA China
10" AA Splash
Vater Chad Smith Signature Series Funkblaster Sticks
i find it strange how a drummer sponsored by pearl can get away with using a dw snare. if i worked for pearl id be very anoyed

Rockula!

There are grey areas regarding sponsorship
When you are at the level that Chad Smith is at, you can pretty much dictate your own terms
Equipment companies cannot be as controling as record companies in these instances

The little guy, however, usually stays true blue to their company mainly because they consider themselves to be so lucky to be sponsored in the first place

Funny how the only guys that get unlimited free grear are the guys who don't have to worry about paying for it in the first place
I highly doubt Chad Smith worries when something breaks
Sponsorship or not